footballers musical tastes. (1 Viewer)

rampz

ok so we all know that the majority of footballers like luther vandross and thats pretty much where it ends but does anyone know definitively if theres any punk or indie or whatever loving footballers?

Stuart Pearce is a bit of a punk; loves the Stranglers and the Damned apparently.

All the rest like r'n'b.

Your man Graeme Le Saux is big into Radiohead, apparently.

I saw something about the England Team recording that World Cup song with New Order, and they were saying that all of them bar John Barnes had absolutely no musical ability or leanings, and even John Barnes didn't have much, and also that they were a bunch of gurning oversexed dorks (I'm paraphrasing).

I remember reading a Q&A with Damien Duff in the rte guide a few years back where he said that his favourite album of all time was All that you can't leave behind by U2.

Gilesy once sang an old standard with Dickie Rock on a show dedicated to him.

He showed great moral courage to get on the mic and sing.

Dennis Hickey is into a bit of Indie, was spotted at a few gigs in Dublin. I know he plays rugby and does Wavin ads, but still.

cole_outstanding.gif

Mendieta was a big Velvets fan.

Marcus Hahnemann is mad about metal (and there may be a few other Americans into metal and punk).

And Christian Dailly is or was in a 'punky' band. And does not have an agent, which is pretty punk.

Loads of others, I think...

Ripped from various other sources....

Pat Nevin introducing Camera Obscura

Pat Nevin 1 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

There's some stuff about Kevin Gallen in the comments below that picture..

Also, Mehmet Scholl's favourite band is Teenage Fanclub and he got Hidden Cameras to play at Bayern and was also responsible for this:
Mehmet Scholl Kompiliert: Vor dem Spiel Ist Nach Dem Spiel 2
http://www.discogs.com/release/750302

And doesn't really count, but Cherry Red sponsor the Combined Counties Football League...

http://www.combinedcountiesleague.co.uk/

stuart Pierce posts on eirecore under the name Janer.
In tony cascarinos biography he mentions goin to see the sex pistols, and also that andy townesend was a Rocker/teddy with a quiff and leather jacket.

Peter schmiehael plays the drums and is from denmark so I presume he likes crust.

Dion Dublin broke his leg when he was with united and was out for over a year, he learned to play the sax, possible to the sounds of ska

Didnt alexi lalis U.S and sampdoria???? footballer play in a rock band

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back