Football Biographies (1 Viewer)

I know I would say this, but the Stan Bowles bio is great. I think he makes half of it up, but it's still a great read.

The Robin Friday book is brilliant as well, even it is co-written by guigsy out of oasis.

web_robin-friday.jpg

Tony Adams autobiography was a pretty good account of a bloke caught in a downward spiral. Ages since I read it, but I recall some pretty strung out shit in there - like him having a freak out when some beer got splashed on his lips while Arsenal were celebrating a league win in their dressing room.
Yeah read it, loved the way he'd get Ray Parlour onto all of his jaunts, Ray was very much the junior partner.

I read Graham Gooch's autobiography so I'd imagine Ian Rush's would be a piece of piss to read.

i've read a good few arsenal ones (seaman, vieira, wright, pires) tony adams' being by far the best though,

at one point he said that being known as the best guinness drinker in his local gave him more pride than his league medals

any one read perry groves's? looked interesting (caveat: for a football biog)

anyhoo, i think writing while you are still playing is a big no-no.

any one read perry groves's? looked interesting (caveat: for a football biog)

anyhoo, i think writing while you are still playing is a big no-no.
Yep! Was the last Footy one I've read, very good, cept he he reminded me of a teenager who likes to boast about what a bad boy he is/// STILL!

Not biogs but......
Kuper's Football Against the Enemy is great.
Anybody read The Ball is Round? Just started it. Huge book but excellent so far.

Only a game? by eamon dunphy

read this about ten years ago. remember enjoying it a lot but dont remember too much now. basically written as a diary to a season at Millwall during the mid seventies

Only a game? by eamon dunphy

read this about ten years ago. remember enjoying it a lot but dont remember too much now. basically written as a diary to a season at Millwall during the mid seventies

read that too, was good if I remember correctly. Wouldn't read anything by that sap these days though.

great LOI one from a few years ago

"who needs cantona , we've got Rod De Khors"
rod4.jpg

a great hero of my youth down on the terraces of st. mels park. Having read a few football biographies in me time this is at the complete other end of the spectrum, on about managers getting players jobs painting and decorating , and the like. a great read.

also not a biography but "who stole our game" is a good un,

casscarinos book is fuckin great!

any fans of hooligan books?? their all shite but funny to read

"congratulations youve just met the ICF" is pretty entertainin

I actually read all of Alex Ferguson's autobiography out of boredom when I was cooped up broke in a flat in Den Haag. 'Bla bla Man Utd, bla, bla, Charity Shield, bla bla football bla.

It was shit. I hate football.

5300937481879_M.jpg

My mate was talkling about this last night, said it was a great read about corruption in football namely Redknapp, Bates, Venables, Clough and lots of high ranking FA folk.

In fact the only person to come out of it well was Alan Sugar who hated Venables and his Cockney gezzer / wheeler dealer persona.(probably because it reminded him of himself)...

5300937481879_M.jpg

My mate was talkling about this last night, said it was a great read about corruption in football namely Redknapp, Bates, Venables, Clough and lots of high ranking FA folk.

In fact the only person to come out of it well was Alan Sugar who hated Venables and his Cockney gezzer / wheeler dealer persona.(probably because it reminded him of himself)...
venables is an anti semite, that's why sugar hated him.

Just finished 'El Diego'. Pretty spicey, and he's a mad bastard. Lots of frothing at the mouth ranting and teary indignation. He has his own language too. Repeatedly calling Peter Shilton a 'thermos-head' (twat) is a particuar highlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back