Folk Horror (4 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

loving this new twitter/instagram page

Last edited:
All You Need is Death marks the first horror feature from Dublin-based director and writer Paul Duane (Very Extremely Dangerous) and is currently in the Cannes market as part of the New Visions Slate from XYZ Films (Something in the Dirt, Nocebo).

Olwen Fouéré (Mandy, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Charlie Maher (Blue Lights), Simone Collins (The Last Duel) and Gary Whelan (The Contract) star, and the film follows:

A young couple, who are a part of a mysterious, secret organization, travel at night with the desire to discover forbidden knowledge. They believe that living, modern alchemy is contained in old, forgotten songs. When they find an elderly, mysterious woman who sings songs that have never been heard before, they open the door to an ancient evil and madness.

Watched the first half of Enys Men. Like the vibe.
Loved the vibe! Coulda been awesome. But thats just my opinion. I think there was a few punters at the screening we were at loved it..but tbh they looked fucking stoned out of their minds.

Anyhoo! Ari Aster double bill tonight in the Lighthouse!!

Heriditary at 6! Midsommer after! You won't get more folk horror than that!

Loved the vibe! Coulda been awesome. But thats just my opinion. I think there was a few punters at the screening we were at loved it..but tbh they looked fucking stoned out of their minds.

Anyhoo! Ari Aster double bill tonight in the Lighthouse!!

Heriditary at 6! Midsommer after! You won't get more folk horror than that!
my whole vibe is vibes man. i wanna make the ultimate folk horror film which has no story just vibes.

The same guest lineup as the recent London show

THE WICKER MAN: 50th Anniversary Event is a star-studded on-stage celebration of the film, its undisputed status as a cult classic and perhaps the best British horror film ever made. Presented by Edith Bowman, the on-stage show will include guest of honour, actress Britt Ekland, chief film critic from The Independent, Clarisse Loughrey, associate musical director from the film Gary Carpenter, Dominic and Justin Hardy – sons of the director Robin Hardy, who are currently making a documentary about their father’s experience with the film, and superfan of THE WICKER MAN: acclaimed writer/actor Reece Shearsmith. There will be an exclusive musical performance by Broadside Hacks, covering 4 tracks from the iconic soundtrack.

The same guest lineup as the recent London show

THE WICKER MAN: 50th Anniversary Event is a star-studded on-stage celebration of the film, its undisputed status as a cult classic and perhaps the best British horror film ever made. Presented by Edith Bowman, the on-stage show will include guest of honour, actress Britt Ekland, chief film critic from The Independent, Clarisse Loughrey, associate musical director from the film Gary Carpenter, Dominic and Justin Hardy – sons of the director Robin Hardy, who are currently making a documentary about their father’s experience with the film, and superfan of THE WICKER MAN: acclaimed writer/actor Reece Shearsmith. There will be an exclusive musical performance by Broadside Hacks, covering 4 tracks from the iconic soundtrack.
It's a screening of the recorded event, and the director's cut
"It is time to keep your appointment with the Wicker Man."

On Jun 21, we will be screening the final cut along of THE WICKERMAN with a recorded event celebrating this British horror classic, which includes a discussion and a musical performance.

🎟️ The Wicker Man (50th Anniversary Release)

book tix last week, should be a cracker
this has crept up nicely. next week!

initially it said Magnet were performing. I couldn't believe that was even possible at the time. Seems as though they're not mentioned in the schedule now? That slot seems to be taken over by the specially assembled group with members of Comus and others. which sounds great too to be honest

Sub sub genre, "Eco folk horror"

The priest always makes me laugh.

"I CAN'T HELP YOU"
"I CAN'T HELP YOU"
"I CAN'T HELP YOU"

Full film up on Hughtube

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back