Foggy Notions presents PONYTAIL, Sep 10, Whelan's (1 Viewer)

This was really good, glad I ran into some people on the way to the car from seeing Wildbirds and Peacedrums who convinced me to come in. I've never seen anyone look so happy to be on stage as the singer. The lot of them just lost in the joy of making a massive racket.

is she a lezzer? She didn't look old enough to be a lezzer. She looked 14, which is why I was shocked when she said one of the songs they played was from 2 and a half years ago - when she was 11. Some set of lungs on her - she can scream with the best of them.

Deadly though. Really enjoyed them. A little heavier than I expected them to be, but deadly.

Edit: heres a pic

news-ponytail-2.jpg

It sounds terrible to say but she reminded me a little bit of yer wan from the Krankies because she was so small. That was a deadly gig.

I'd never heard of R.S.A.G. before - that was a pretty cool suprise. I'm not generally a fan of playing along to backing tracks but it worked quite a treat, especially the drumming on the metal piping. The Talking Heads comparison someone made up above is apt though I hadn't realised it til now. Also all the silhouettes in the video were wearing duffle-coats which made them look like mid-nineties Britpop band a bit.... that, I didn't like.

Ponytail were awesome I thought - like the theme song from Saved By The Bell played on a large hedron collider with loads of delay pedals. Possibly a bit of a one-trick-pony but its a deadly trick for the moment! Awesome.

Missed Vinnie Club cos of tartidity. Would like to see it/him/them some time.

Ponytail were incredible. Don't get the talking heads reference with regards RSAG but he was pretty good. Vinny Club was great fun aswell. Class night, thanks Foggy!

Ponytail were incredible. Don't get the talking heads reference with regards RSAG but he was pretty good. Vinny Club was great fun aswell. Class night, thanks Foggy!

The voice and kind of solidity of the constant rhythm and all the backing parts we made up of small simple parts put together. I didn't think it at the time (in fact I thought in parts it sounded like the second Kings Of Leon album except more shape-shifty and less straight down the line) but I do concur with the Talking Heads reference.

Don't get the talking heads reference with regards RSAG but he was pretty good.

Can't call myself a Talking Heads fan but everyone who heard R.S.A.G. has said to me there is TH elements in his music. One track in particular from the album called 'It Over' (which is in his current set list) sounds very like Mr.Byrne.

Anyhoo glad you enjoyed his set.

Keith

RSAG and the Vinnie Club were great.

I went along not knowing Ponytail and shouldn't think I'll miss them. Possbily the most annoying singer ever. I really don't get what they're doing. Great drummer though.

Deadly gig, great lineup but I couldn't look at the singer from ponytail, I thought they were deadly and the singing was cool but those faces...gave me nightmares!

it looked like she was copping a feel outside a teenage disco, not to be controversial or anything. That put me off. Wrong side of sexy (right side = suggested potential of sexual fun, wrong side = miming having sex on stage)

it looked like she was copping a feel outside a teenage disco, not to be controversial or anything. That put me off. Wrong side of sexy (right side = suggested potential of sexual fun, wrong side = miming having sex on stage)

yep, it looked like she was doing her sex face alright. Though she won't be doing it for real til shes old enough. Another 6 or 7 years at a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back