Foggy Notions presents PINBACK + THE DUDLEY CORPORATION - WHELAN'S NOV 25 (3 Viewers)

nope. i know both of those and it aint on either of them.

could be. havent heard the new one in full.

ah right, good to sea is a good one but doesn't really fit the "infectious keyboard riff" description. Could've been Bouquet (though that was closer to the start of the set) or Sender off Summer in Abaddon.

Pinback were great - the sound was excellent, not too loud and you could pick out each instrument. Some amazing bass work going on there too. Good to see the Corpo again too, fair play to Mark getting up for the one song and nailing it ;)

Pinback were great - the sound was excellent, not too loud and you could pick out each instrument. Some amazing bass work going on there too. Good to see the Corpo again too, fair play to Mark getting up for the one song and nailing it ;)

Yeah it was pretty hard to keep the fucker off the stage. Those security people in Whelans are way too lax.

You're right about the sound ..... it wasn't excrutiatingly loud like the last few times I've been in there ....

anyone know the name of that perfect pop song mid set with the infectious keyboard riff? or which album/ep its from? I dont recognise it from anything I have.

Most likely 'Microtronic Wave' from Offcell EP??

Savage gig - And i wasn't even drinking.
Dudley's were amazing too.

I love Pinback.

that gig was so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it was also the first time i've seen the dudley's play so well done you guyse.

pinback were awesome, gave it loads of energy. hurrah!!!! head is ouch today but.

Pretty good gig I thought, but they really don't do justice to a lot of their recorded material live. I think I was slightly fooled by the first record as to what the Pinback sound is. Those boys really do like to rock, which is fine and great at times, but when they did stuff like Loro or the second half of AFK, they are something else entirely. Nice one finally getting them over anyway guys.

Some amazing bass work going on there too.

i'd say that dude could easily please 3 women simultaneously with his left hand alone. these are not the things i generally think about at gigs.

as mentioned rob crowe is a hero. chaos, drunkenness, effortless guitar tastiness and a great great voice.

hermione said:
Most likely 'Microtronic Wave' from Offcell EP??
nope - we knows that one. has to be off the new one i suppose cos i havent heard it.

i'd say that dude could easily please 3 women simultaneously with his left hand alone. these are not the things i generally think about at gigs.

as mentioned rob crowe is a hero. chaos, drunkenness, effortless guitar tastiness and a great great voice.

nope - we knows that one. has to be off the new one i suppose cos i havent heard it.

They did Manchuria off the Some Voices EP, maybe it was that? Not sung so well here buh. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1764463558

Seeing them fellers over the past few gigs have affixed songs in my head. Especially that Walters one. S'great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back