flotation tank? (1 Viewer)

La La said:
anyone ever tried it? im curious to try it - worth it? what do ya get out of it?

yup, i did it once, disappointingly boring. because you've got no sensory stimuli to distract you, any tiny itch or movement in your body becomes magnified to the most important thing in the universe makes it really difficult to actually shut down your brain.
think you need to do it a few times- people i know who've done it a few times have really gotten into it. and i would do it again if i had the chance...

yeah i did it too. but i made the mistake of seeing what it was like with my face down in the water and it stung my eyes like a bastard and then i was sore and halfblind and i had nothing to wash out my eyes and i couldn't find my glasses and it kind of hindered my enjoyment of the whole expwerience.

i have used these a few times. the use of water which is meant to be the same temperature, roughly, as body temperature provides after a little while (getting used to not bumping off the sides, for one thing) a feeling of displacement or dis-awareness of the body and its dimensions. the lack of any stimulus, combined with the consciousness of the mind, basically leaves one confronted with your own thought processes. in this way, it is almost an (very mild, admittedly) approximation of the ketamine state (however without the powerful dissociation and physical effects - strigtly the mental aspects). after a while, hallucinations pretty much identical to those experienced in the natural hypnagogic / hypnopompic (between sleep / wakefulness) states occur.
its interesting, though not overwhelmingly so. also, the cost - in this country at least - is prohibitively expensive for thorough in-depth experimentation. it is also physically relaxing.

i've done it twice, and thinking of treating myself to another one soon.

I loved it. you spend the first ten minutes feeling a bit freaked out. I was convinved i was gonna drive myself nuts, cause my internal chatter was just amplified in the silent darknes. but then your body goes though a series of really strong rushes as it re-aligns itself without the influence of gravity. (it's worth it for the rushes alone actually). Then you just reach this point where you're not thinking at all. it's unbelievable! i was shocked when the girl knowked on the tank to tell me an hour was up! i'd completely spaced out, although i was totally awake.

afterwards, you feel so completely relaxed that all the silly stresses in life seem absurd.

actually, i'm definitey gonna do one soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back