FLOGGING MOLLY DO YOU HATE THEM ? (1 Viewer)

darknothing

Ok, over here every body who is "in" on the out side loves Flogging Molly so are they as popular in their own country....do the irsish like them or as i supect though i <3 them , they are hated there and thought to be fake ?... oh and a quick question how do you guys feel about green day pretending to be irish?....

Their squeezeboxer can skate up trees and has shoes named after him - respect.

hensley-ch.jpg

Napalm said:
Dave King has a good music history behind him and DKM's are good guys regardless of their music...
Agree on both points, just that with DKM the whole irish thing really freaken grates after a while. Saw them in cork on the Do Or Die tour and it was deadly. Saw them again about two years ago and it was a bit... I mean they did wild rover for feck sake. But yeah, nice lads.

i think that if flogging molly were irish based they would be playing biker rallys & redneck pubs in the midlands. the only reason they are where they are today is because the yanks buy in to that whole irish bullshit thing. I saw them in tbmc 18 months ago. great gig, good fun. shit on c.d. Thats just my opinion.

darknothing said:
Ok, over here every body who is "in" on the out side loves Flogging Molly so are they as popular in their own country....do the irsish like them or as i supect though i <3 them , they are hated there and thought to be fake ?... .

never heard of them, who are they?

Jim A. Morrish said:
never heard of them, who are they?
it's auld dubliner dave king (who sang with Fastway many many moons ago) doing the oirishpunkmetal thing? never actually heard them meself though.

so flogging molly are big in transylvania?

darknothing said:
Ok, over here every body who is "in" on the out side loves Flogging Molly so are they as popular in their own country....do the irsish like them or as i supect though i <3 them , they are hated there and thought to be fake ?... oh and a quick question how do you guys feel about green day pretending to be irish?....

Jim A. Morrish said:
never heard of the guy

sounds absolutely horrific.

He's doing alright for himself...

- Within a Mile of Home?

For Dave King, the Dublin-born singer/guitarist/songwriter of SideOneDummy recording group Flogging Molly, the band's third studio album, Within a Mile of Home, brings him back to his childhood and the traditional Irish music he grew up with. With the help of his Flogging Molly compatriots and producer Ted Hutt, Within a Mile of Home has finally taken King full circle, back to his roots, and oh what a journey it has been.

"My family would go to the pub and gather up people to come back to the house to play tin whistle, mandolin, fiddle and spoons, with my mom on piano and my uncle on accordion," he reminisces. "But I wanted to run away from that. As you get older, you want to pick up electric guitars and play loud. You rebel against those traditional elements." So Dave hit the road and did just that.

King began his musical career as a member of Fastway, teaming up with Motorhead guitarist Eddie Clarke in the late '80s, having played New York's Madison Square Garden and L.A.'s Great Western Forum, only to eventually find himself scrubbing the toilets of ghetto clubs where he performed with just an acoustic guitar. For the musician, who originally came to L.A. from London in 1989 at the invitation of legendary Geffen A and R exec John David Kalodner to be in a band called Katmandu, it wasn't until forming Flogging Molly that he began to write and play "for myself and no one else." These days, he insists, he is right where he wants to be.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I thought they were rappeh last night, but the crowd was a bit on the nuts side so i got no photos. Though i did get a nice elbow in the face.

i shall soon be starting my new career as "Tough gugai", taking over the bouncer and crowd control duties in the roisin from now on.....

wow i think that is so funny cuz here all the underground punker are like wooo-hoo flogging molly we are so cool cuz we lision to a irish band and people that are "irish" 10 greations back are like ya i lision to flogging molly their my people... i like them but i'm not all fake about it...and half of you don't like them asnd the other half have never even hurd of them....thats great

darknothing said:
wow i think that is so funny cuz here all the underground punker are like wooo-hoo flogging molly we are so cool cuz we lision to a irish band and people that are "irish" 10 greations back are like ya i lision to flogging molly their my people... i like them but i'm not all fake about it...and half of you don't like them asnd the other half have never even hurd of them....thats great

your point being?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back