flickr question (2 Viewers)

taubstumm

Supporter
Website
kvt.red
dearest thumped,

i have a flickr account that i've been uploading stuff to, and then deleting from my computer.

however, i've only just realised that the maximum size of the copies of the photos on flickr is 1024 x 768. so, a lot smaller than the original photos i was uploading.

flickr says that if i upgrade my flickr free account to a pro account, it will stop crunching the images, so any photos i upload will be available to me in their original dimensions.

that's nice. however, will i also be able to access full-size versions of the photos that i've already uploaded since i set the account up?

is mise le meas,
s.

You have to be a sucker to rely on flickr, or anywhere online, to be the only storage option for your photos. Why don't you get an external hard drive? I keep all my flicks on my PC and a hard drive back up.

I keep none of mine, because I feel as I'm in the process of learning I just wanna take more and more and better and more and better pictures.

You have to be a sucker to rely on flickr, or anywhere online, to be the only storage option for your photos. Why don't you get an external hard drive? I keep all my flicks on my PC and a hard drive back up.
i keep mine on an external hard drive, which has just died. i guess the fact that i was seriously considering backing it up on dvd doesn't count for much now.

you know, you're all lovely people, but none of you have answered my question

does anyone actually know for certain whether or not my old photos will be there, in full size, if i go pro?

i keep mine on an external hard drive, which has just died. i guess the fact that i was seriously considering backing it up on dvd doesn't count for much now.
Keep the drive, I have a drive that i lost loads of stuff on a couple of years ago. It would have cost €600 to recover the data. So I'm holding on to it in case the price comes down or I get loads of money somewhere

sorry, didnt wanna make a new thread.

so - according to my profile widget, i've had two photos in explore! (though im trying not to get too excited as alot of the explore stuff is usually middle of the road, lukewarm crap).

but still - how do I find out which two photos were explored, at what number and on what day?

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/scout.php

I've had one. You can increase your likelihood of having a pic in explore in a number of ways, mainly taking your most interesting photos out of any and all groups, or at least that's what worked for me. Once you get one in there though, any further images have to get around the same number of favourites to get in, which is me buggered, cos my one in there has 12.

So which two are in there lala?

EDIT: Just read your post proper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back