Flaming Lips - Fearless Freaks (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Ed
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 1
this came thru my letterbox on monday!

except it didn't. a package from play.com came thru my letterbox with an packing slip that read, "1 x flaming lips - fearless freaks DVD", along with one of these:

ps2_smartjoy_frag.jpg

some crappy peripheral item for the PS2. gah! :mad:

neil got me this for my birthday. It is wonderful

I met wyane after one of the shows here in vicar st. and helped him put away the mirror ball..he was the only one really working his guts out after just doing a show! it comes accross in the DVD that he really is a workaholic. Such a nice guy. He said to me that he went to see husker Du years ago and they never played any of the songs that he knew and loved after paying a fortune to hear them..so he made a promise that if he ever got famous they would always play the songs that people wanted to hear.

I give this story 2/10.

Latex lizzie said:
neil got me this for my birthday. It is wonderful

I met wyane after one of the shows here in vicar st. and helped him put away the mirror ball..he was the only one really working his guts out after just doing a show! it comes accross in the DVD that he really is a workaholic. Such a nice guy. He said to me that he went to see husker Du years ago and they never played any of the songs that he knew and loved after paying a fortune to hear them..so he made a promise that if he ever got famous they would always play the songs that people wanted to hear.

I give this story 2/10.

that was probably my fav gig ever! great fun! he said that husker du thing to me too, from the stage during the gig. i like when bands play songs ive never heard.

Miss Piggy said:
he said that husker du thing to me too, from the stage during the gig.

Wow, Me too! I thought he was talking directly to me though. Fnar fnar.

Flakey anecdote lizz, Was there even a mirrorball? Was it like being touched by an angel? 1/10

One of the most uplifting gigs I've ever been to.

deadly gig indeed. somewhere in my top five. perhaps even top three! :)

total showmanship AND choons. not even an extra jostling crowd and the fact you had to leave the venue and go into the bar for a drink could ruin that show, which says a lot I guess! come to think of it, all that jostling was on the way to the bar..

one of the best endings to a show ever. the shouty rocketship bit, followed by the total silence bit. clever guys.

also play.com are bastards :D

Ok cunts ..

we talked about it a bit longer after the show wasn't arsed typing a whole conversation I had a donkey age ago and was quite pissed as I recall..anyway ask ferg, gav..he was there with me he'll tell you it's all true!
the mirror ball was real.. :eek: :(

Latex lizzie said:
Ok cunts ..

we talked about it a bit longer after the show wasn't arsed typing a whole conversation I had a donkey age ago and was quite pissed as I recall..anyway ask ferg, gav..he was there with me he'll tell you it's all true!

i can vouch for the mirror ball. as i recall it was just sort of sitting there on the stage. in fact there was three of them wasnt there...? i was more impressed by the beachballs (or big ballons or whatever they were) and everybody having fun throwing them around.

Latex lizzie said:
Ok cunts ..

Fair enough, If Ferg ever talks to me again I'll ask him. I bet he was skipping around like a happy little pixie :)

you still doubt me?? stick you hand in my side! actually I was yapping away like a rabid dog..he was really quiet! It was really bizzare...I was all wow we got into music because of your bands and that sort of nonsense..very very drunk. Was sick on the floor beside one of the lesser corrs members later. Star studded evening.

I thought this was a really cool film, but it was kinda uneven. Spent too long on Wayne Coynes family and really skimmed over the mid period (Hit to Death, Transmissions, CTM). Not as much about Ronald Jones as I would have liked, but the CTM session footage was cool. And the interview with Steven Drozd as he was shooting up?.... man. Uncomfortable, but engrossing.

Lips rule.

I'd give it 8/10.

Gig in Vicar Street was top class all right.

I was at one of their "tape recorder" gigs in NY. Wayne and co handed out tape players to everyone in the room and then there was this big synchronised "everyone press play at the same time" thing. Great fun altogether. So, you know, I kindof, like, jammed with the Lips once .... man.

cool. that sounds deadly.

I sent my fucked up order back to play and they dispatched another package. got it yesterday. of course, when I say I got 'it', I got another package. they fucked my order. again! at least they sent out a dvd this time. a fistful of dollars to be precise..

stoopid pricks. how can you fuck up an order twice? cnutz :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back