Fish (1 Viewer)

I's skip the oily fish like mackerel untill youre up to speed with the whole fish thing. Your'e unlikely to get a good one anyway. Start yourself off with something like cod, swordfish or whiting. Good whiting is up there with cod if it's actually fresh - if it's not it's bland as shit though. Hake is worth trying as well.

Don't do any fancy stuff with it. Grill or steam it and do something simple like nice hollandaise to go with it or lemon butter or something like that.

Skip the bue cheese part.

ok thanks, but what about the millions of tiny boney things? do you just munch away on them?

Hmm, I was going to jokingly say that you should just swallow them but I'd hate to have another death on my conscience. Those boney things are bones. Be careful, unless you got your throat blessed by your priest as a child. You'll be safe then.

Hmm, I was going to jokingly say that you should just swallow them but I'd hate to have another death on my conscience. Those boney things are bones. Be careful, unless you got your throat blessed by your priest as a child. You'll be safe then.

are you talking about the little glassy things of which there might be many dozens in a single portion? surely if these are all potentially lethal they would render the business of eating fish more dangerous and troublesome than it was worth?

Go for something where the bones won't be a problem - monkfish, sole even swordfish or tuna something like that.

If you attack it kind of carefully taking the flesh off of each side and being extra careful where the fins join the bode there be no problems.

With a nice big fillet of white fish the bones should be big anyway so you wont have mugh difficulty. Run you hand over the fillet before you cook it an you can feel em. Then jut take some time to tweeze them out.

Atlantic herring

1.jpg

8.jpg

if you dont like fish at all i'd say start off with something like a tuna steak,just fry it and put lemon and pepper over it,no bones in it,tastes kinda meaty,expensive though.
i dont understand how people dont like salmon cutlets,i would have reccommended them but a lot of people dont seem to be into em,weird.
also,if you can buy fresh mussells,the thread on here about em had some nice recipes.

EU to overhaul fisheries policy

The European Commission has announced a full review of the EU's Common Fisheries Policy, saying the current regime fails to protect fish stocks.

The commission says that fishermen who obey the fishing rules are being penalised by the irresponsible behaviour of others who flout them.

That "vicious circle" has undermined the ecological balance of the oceans, the commission says.

The EU wants to cut the size of fleets and the time fishermen spend at sea.
In other words, just because a community has traditionally depended on fishing does not mean it can continue to do so.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7621618.stm

that'll go down well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back