First Gig You went to (1 Viewer)

Unclealo said:
Waviola you're so dead :D . Fantastic gig. My favourite ever
haha!

yeah it was only topped by their gig in galway, I was a bit more wise to the ways of the gig world at that stage.

'97 I believe, or do you want to be humiliated again? :D

Anthony said:
Mama's Boys, first band on at the heavy metal all day gig at Dalymount. Also playing: Anvil, Twisted Sister, motorhead and Black Sabbath.

So exciting!
I cant believe you saw Twisted sister and Anvil!!!! Sabbaath with Gillain though,no thanks.

Luckily at the time I didn't know much Black Sabbath music so I didn't realise how bad they were. I do remember Ian Gillan playing bongos! Clearest Sabbath memory is of Tony Iommi just standing there with a really shiney guitar looking around smiling and doing the devil hand sign between guitar strums. That and being on my older brother's shoulders for ages and my legs going numb.

One of the best moments of the day though was being 11 (or something) and shouting "I'm a sick muthafucker!" along with Dee Snider with my Dad sitting right in front of me.

Have yet to see a band as loud as Motorhead that day, yes even My Bloody Valentine.

Anthony said:
Luckily at the time I didn't know much Black Sabbath music so I didn't realise how bad they were
sabbath may have gone shit in their later days and the reunions were always gonna be bollox but everything up to the mid 70's is amazing. listening to sabbath bloody sabbath at the moment actually.

Anthony said:
maybe i should have added "at the time" to that then.
oh right ... actually that first post makes sense. that was me being stupid. haha, glad i never had to suffer a sabbath reunion though!

Sonic Youth, 1989. I think.

I also went to the Reggae Sunsplash festival before that, even though I was never all that into reggae. Still amn't, but it was fun.

I'm sure there were others before then that I didn't go to by choice...can't remember.

And anyway, gigs were a big no-no in my house because, according to my mother, if you went to one, you'd be crushed by the crowd and die. Of rollercoasters, skateboards, and motorcycles, she also said, with 100% certainty, that if you went on one, you would most certainly perish.

Anthony said:
Luckily at the time I didn't know much Black Sabbath music so I didn't realise how bad they were. I do remember Ian Gillan playing bongos! Clearest Sabbath memory is of Tony Iommi just standing there with a really shiney guitar looking around smiling and doing the devil hand sign between guitar strums. That and being on my older brother's shoulders for ages and my legs going numb.

One of the best moments of the day though was being 11 (or something) and shouting "I'm a sick muthafucker!" along with Dee Snider with my Dad sitting right in front of me.

Have yet to see a band as loud as Motorhead that day, yes even My Bloody Valentine.
Was that the gig Dumpy's Rusty Nuts played as well? I remember seeing some posters for a big metal gig in dublin when I was a kid. Unfortunayely I was too young to go coming from belfast and all. looking forward to motorhead in november though. New record is so good.

jane said:
Sonic Youth, 1989. I think.
the top-hat gig with nirvana on support? that was '91 I think. I was sick and missed it. my brother went. I'm still peeved. ha ha. :rolleyes:

Latex lizzie said:
I went to T.I.T (Testicles In Torment) in the fox and phesant around the same time but they were a death metal band from dublin so I dunno which counts.
Ahhh, great days. Although they weren't death metal.

oh and Shakin' Stevens in the National Stadium, 9th June 1981

uhhh Ozzy in the Top Hat in '87 i mean

Therapy? in the Tivoli(?) in Dundalk in about '92 just after Pleasure Death came out. When Therapy? were actually really good. Still one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

pulp, garbage and the beastie boys, galway, 1998ish. (that's what i would say, if i were someone else altogether, who couldn't be arsed logging out of j.m.'s account.)

Jimmy Magee said:
pulp, garbage and the beastie boys, galway, 1998ish. (that's what i would say, if i were someone else altogether, who couldn't be arsed logging out of j.m.'s account.)
Hi Liadain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back