First and Last (1 Viewer)

First LP: Blondie "Autoamerican"
Last LP: Manu Chau "Esperanza"

First 7" bought for me: Brotherhood of Man "Save All Your Kisses for Me" - 'cause, like the song says, I was only three.
Altogether now: "Awwwwwwww"/"Bleaurgh" (delete where applicable)

First 7" I bought: Adam and the Ants "Stand and Deliver"
First 12": Duran Duran "Girls on Film" (although there was an Abba one I somehow acquired before that)

Last 7": the Four Tops "It's the Same Old Song"
Last 12": some Cabaret Voltaire thingie I picked up in a charity shop and forgot all about, must actually listen to it to see if it needs to be liberated back into charity shop circulation.

1st: oui 3 ... oui love you

last: guided by voices' latest.... it's deadly by the way..

oh! and my sister knows the lead singer of primordial...

"Here's Mathis. Maybe he can make sweet music." - GH
"Was that in reference to Johnny?
That's terrible, George." - JB

this was my highlight of the world cup. but it was mainly the minutes of silence it took jim to figure out why georgie was talking like a complete psycho which made it golden.

fuck germany.

First lp :electric - The Cult mmmmmmmmm!
First cd: Ritual de lo Habitual - Janes Addiction

Last Lp:some residents one I haven't heard yet cos me no got de player
Last cd: Manu Chao - clandestino, lovely latino vibes

first - pet shop boys - actually - regretfully sold in the early nineties to pay for some long since unused cd or other
last - adrain crowley - when you are here you are family (second hand - sorry Adrian...)

1st -> Duran Duran sometimes in the early 80s (my fanatic 18 yrs old auntie brought me along, she was so cool!)

Last -> Ozric Tentacles @ Whelan's -> Good stuff apart from the guitarrist who played nothing but random notes with that fucking annoying tinny sound... a total idiot, should rather play with Spinal Tap. The guy messing with the samplers instead was a Genius

Originally posted by Alex
1st -> Duran Duran sometimes in the early 80s (my fanatic 18 yrs old auntie brought me along, she was so cool!)

Gasp! Where was that?! I would have loved to have seen Duran Duran's original line-up back in the day. By the time I saw them it was 1987 and there were only 3 of them. The original 5 are reforming this year, but they're old gits now. But John Taylor's still a fine piece.

Originally posted by sparse-icus

I can make you a copy if you want. Its still a classic today, I've also got the second aswell if you'd like that.:D

that would .|..|

i had the second one too and the third one :p
still cant believe i got rid of my entire tape collection in some stoopid attempt to leave my uncool pop years behind:(

anyway i will pm you ...

Originally posted by Lolo

Last 12": some Cabaret Voltaire thingie I picked up in a charity shop and forgot all about, must actually listen to it to see if it needs to be liberated back into charity shop circulation.

NNNOOOOOO! if you dont like it, give it here!

1st: nirvana: nevermind (i think all you ironic metal heads are ignoring the fact that this was the entire world's first purchase for my generation, suicidal tendencies me arse. or else you're all really old.)

last: june of 44 - in the fishtank, new road relish 7", breeders - title tk, and a couple of other things. including bits of vinyl i can't bloody well play cos my record player's been nabbed by my brother back home (which i am choosing to ignore for the moment in a tactical move in the hope that he'll listen to some good music and be brought over to the dark side beyond oasis and the red hot chili peppers; already got him listening to fugazi, next is kid606...).

oh, and in galway recently i got 'get ready for this' by 2unlimited on 12", in pristine condition. ah, irish college memories.

Originally posted by silo
1st: nirvana: nevermind (i think all you ironic metal heads are ignoring the fact that this was the entire world's first purchase for my generation, suicidal tendencies me arse. or else you're all really old.)

Ah you know how it is - you try to hold out for Nevermind for the five years between 1986 & 1991 without giving in and buying something else, but it's just *so* hard.

first probably '200,000 degrees farenheit' by Bon Jovi but i've been trying for years to convince myself that it was 'powerslave' by Iron Maiden which i bought around the same time on cassette,

last a matador records compilation, i've only listened to the first disc but it's top

Originally posted by pete

Ah you know how it is - you try to hold out for Nevermind for the five years between 1986 & 1991 without giving in and buying something else, but it's just *so* hard.

I never bought a Nirvana record... never bothered...
Although I do have a 12" pic disc for Come As You Are from a failed relationship... anyone want it?

Originally posted by Ian

I never bought a Nirvana record... never bothered...
Although I do have a 12" pic disc for Come As You Are from a failed relationship... anyone want it?

I sold my Nirvana pic discs about six years ago. Lots of people wanted them then

Ordered that Mudhoney compilation "March To Fuzz" from Opal last week. 2 CDs with a total of 52 tracks. Cannot wait to hear it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back