First Album you Got /Bought (1 Viewer)

no but i did have a lot of patches on my denim jacket thinking i was the shit. LOTS of patches. i was like eight or nine years old or something.

george mcfly said:
the b-side of the flash gordon single is still my favourite song of all time - football fight
Fucking awesome song, I *think* I played this at one of kirsties house parties many moons ago.

First album was complete madness by madness, but I had an extensive 7" collection before this.

First 7": Housemartins - Caravan of love/Europe - The final countdown
First LP: Queen - Kind of Magic/Chris de Burghs greatest hits
First Cassette: Genesis - Invisible Touch
First CD: Living Colour - Vivid

Robbie Analog said:
Fucking awesome song, I *think* I played this at one of kirsties house parties many moons ago.

First album was complete madness by madness, but I had an extensive 7" collection before this.
yeah! i love the bites of dialogue

duh duh du du duh duh du du
"are your men on the right pills?"
duh duh du du duh duh du du
"maybe you should execute their trainer"

1st album: best of madness... unfortunately i think i went on to buy a scooter album after that, ruining my street cred forever...

moses?i amn't said:
appetite for destruction - GNF'R i think. then a year or so later got GNR lies and was completely scarlet cause of the naked chick in the inner sleeve. dreaded the idea of the aul one seeing it.
haha, the first album i ever bought was appetite for destruction too or at least that's what i thought at the time. your one in easons accidently put the lies tape in the box so i had the appetite case and lies album. took me about 3 months to figure it out though cos you're crazy is on both of em (and i was only 7 years old).

spiritualtramp said:
all these guns and roses fans - did yis wear stretchys as well?

I was always scared of the older boys in stretchys.
i was massive gnr fan for years but i'm glad to say i never wanted a pair of stretchys. how cool would you look in a pair of these though ...
axl_rose.jpg

I still have my first one too - Smash Hits Party '88.

The first tape I paid for myself was Appetite for Destruction though - Golden Discs, Grafton St. Myself and all the kids from my road just spent the entire day replaying this bit from It's So Easy:

I see you standin' there
You think you're so cool
Why don't you just fuck off

Play, stop, rewind, giggle, play, stop, rewind, giggle, play stop, rewind, giggle. For hours.

If only I could have that much fun nowadays....

Alan Remorse said:
1st album: best of madness... unfortunately i think i went on to buy a scooter album after that, ruining my street cred forever...

My first album was Scooter - And The Beat Goes On..... oh the shame. :eek:

Hm, well, I'm not going to count the stuff that my parents owned, all of which I listened to on my Bee Gees record player (despite there being nary a sniff of the Gibbsters in the house), because I don't know what I went for first. I do know I listened to Donna Summer's The Wanderer an awful lot, as well as the occasional dabble into the repertoire of that classic Italian-American crooner, Lou Monte.

First tape I bought with my own money, that was not something I liked just because my brother did (because he didn't):

The Cars, Heartbeat City, which I wish I still had. Fucking killer.

This was closely followed by the euphoric acquisition of Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA, which caused me to have a musical epiphany. Wish I still fucking had that, too.

Oh, and I would later get pretty into Wham.

jane said:
The Cars, Heartbeat City, which I wish I still had. Fucking killer.

This was closely followed by the euphoric acquisition of Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA, which caused me to have a musical epiphany. Wish I still fucking had that, too.
two fucking marvellous records.
1984 was some year for music and life in general. I went abroad for the first time [London school trip] and 3 days after I came back went to Irish college [Ballingeary] for almost a month

Wexford beat those cunts from Kilkenny in the Leinster hurling semi-final with a last-minute goal too

The first time I heard "DAncing in the Dark", I couldn't believe that music could be like that. The absolute bliss, the excitement, the utter joy at getting that album, and listening to it for the first time, has never been matched. Never. Many albums have made me very, very happy, but ohmygod, THE BOSS. Fucking hell.

The Cars were amazing, and I think I cried when they broke up, but they didn't make me go all gooey like Bruce did. In a non-sexual way.

Oh, when did Bryan Adams Reckless come out? I had that too. Think it was the same year. "Summer of 69" rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back