First Album you Got /Bought (3 Viewers)

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Me too - welcome to the beautiful south it was. My first gig too (national stadium).
my first gig was also in the national stadium, but it was leonard cohen (with my parents, just to reduce the cool factor somewhat).

first actual album i bought was rattlesnakes by lloyd cole and the commotions, though i think i had at least one of those NOW compilations before that.

first record i learned how to put on the record player was tubular bells, with which i was somewhat obsessed when i was four.

minka said:
first record i learned how to put on the record player was tubular bells, with which i was somewhat obsessed when i was four.
I too loved tubular bells when I was a kid. I used to listen to the folks records which involved the Beatles, neil young, pink floyd and fleetwood mac.

B0000036R8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

My first album was the Flash Gordon soundtrack by Queen, which I won somehow.

We didn't have a record player, so I hauled it around with me like a security blanket for about a year.
First album I bought of my own accord was Spike by Elvis Costello.

1st given:
Kiri Te Kanawa & Julio Inglesias, South Pacific
such classics as
"i'm going to wash that man right out of my hair",
"i'm in love with a wonderful guy",
and
"happy talky talky, happy talk"

1st bought:
INXS, Kick
aah great

mystify
devil inside
new sensation
need you tonight
never tear us apart

spiritualtramp said:
ha ha I remember I made a friend of mine cry as she was all excited about going to see Kylie so I told her Kylie mimed.

I was way meaner than that. I got sick of Kylie after a while but my friend still liked her. For no other reason than that I was pretty evil as a kid I told her that Kylie had died from anorexia. She had her mother saying novenas for Kylie...

lmd64 said:
1st given:
Kiri Te Kanawa & Julio Inglesias, South Pacific
such classics as
"i'm going to wash that man right out of my hair",
"i'm in love with a wonderful guy",
and
"happy talky talky, happy talk"
my mum has the original schallplatten from the musical from the 60's, I loved it so much as a kid. I must see if she still has it...

first records i ever got:
(both from my ma on the same day when i was about 4 or 5)
Queen - Flash Gordon 7"
The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me 7"

the b-side of the flash gordon single is still my favourite song of all time - football fight

first record i bought:
Lovesexy - Prince

First '45 I loved: 'Gonna get along without you now' by Trini Lopez.
First '33 I loved: 'Rhinestone Cowboy' by Glen Campbell.

both pre-school :)

First '45 I bought: 19 by Paul Hardcastle.
First '33 I bought: Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits.

Aged 8 and 9.
(spot the war theme - around this time I was big into playing soldiers in the garden)

225089.jpg

bought from golden discs in nutgrove shopping centre.

first music i remember being given was my dads eight track. It had a Jimi Hendrix and T-rex cartridges. I also had other crappy cartridges that didn't make me jump on my bed. i was probably 7 or 8.

appetite for destruction - GNF'R i think. then a year or so later got GNR lies and was completely scarlet cause of the naked chick in the inner sleeve. dreaded the idea of the aul one seeing it.

george mcfly said:
the b-side of the flash gordon single is still my favourite song of all time - football fight
Football Fight! That was a good one alright. Though Brian May's version of the Wedding March was what did it for me as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back