Finbars Class (1 Viewer)

MrT

Website
www.myspace.com
Anyone out there remember Finbars Class? It was a show on RTE. It was kind of an inner city gritty thing. With a teacher (finbar) guiding a bunch of inner city kids along the right path. The thing was it was also a fucking musical !
Hope RTE release the DVD boxed set...with behind the scenes extras. It was solid gold.

Finbars class...class.

MrT said:
Anyone out there remember Finbars Class? It was a show on RTE. It was kind of an inner city gritty thing. With a teacher (finbar) guiding a bunch of inner city kids along the right path. The thing was it was also a fucking musical !
Hope RTE release the DVD boxed set...with behind the scenes extras. It was solid gold.

Finbars class...class.

I remember it. c1996
Was pretty cool. Carol from Fair City was in it.

Unlike the BBC and ITV, RTE's treatment/attitude towards their old programmes is inadequate - disgraceful in fact

Scant mention is paid to the likes of Anything Goes, Bosco, Wanderly Wagon, Youngline, Dilin O'Deamhnas, Fortycoats, Baile Beag, Lug etc etc - that's just the kids stuff

- no repeats
- no retrospective programmes
- no fansites on the internet bar the measly Wanderly Wagon effort.
- no dvd or video releases

Wouldn't it be nice to see an Irish version of I Love 197x / 198x- I know we have Reeling In The Years but that's a different slant.

- and those public information films / advertisements from the 1970s/1980s - Health Education Bureau etc / water safety / PLAY SAFE - ESB station tomfoolery
imagine a DVD with the classic Irish ads compiled onto it - deadly

I would love to have access to the RTE Archives for a week - I imagine that there is so much classic stuff in there that is just wasting away

nlgbbbblth said:
- and those public information films / advertisements from the 1970s/1980s - Health Education Bureau etc / water safety / PLAY SAFE - ESB station tomfoolery
imagine a DVD with the classic Irish ads compiled onto it - deadly

Those were fucking excellent! Flamable old folks, bloody watches and kite/pylon tragedies.
Dont push drink on drivers
Take Heed; Dont Speed.
I would love to see those again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back