Film Cliches (3 Viewers)

chutneyfarmer

How about a list of cliches that seem to ALWAYS appear in films.

For example:

The "dorky" girl in the film will always turn out to be gorgeous when she takes of her glasses and lets her hair down.

The man/woman will ALWAYS get off the plane at the last moment to return to their true love

chutneyfarmer said:
How about a list of cliches that seem to ALWAYS appear in films.

For example:

The "dorky" girl in the film will always turn out to be gorgeous when she takes of her glasses and lets her hair down.

The man/woman will ALWAYS get off the plane at the last moment to return to their true love

Drinking coffee and splashing your face with water will sober you up.

People wrap the sheets around themselves when they're riding.

There's a list of these on the net somewhere. I will go find.
http://www.moviecliches.com/cliche1.html
Edit: Have found. http://www.moviecliches.com/cliche1.html
Did I just wreck the thread?

Zeelander said:
People wrap the sheets around themselves when they're riding.

I love that one! Like how when they're finished, the girl will always clench a sheet over her boobs for fear that the fella might actually see them :D

I can't think of any film where a dorky girl takes off her glasses and reveals her beauty

I think it's a cliche that that's a cliche

here's a couple:

the microphone in an assembly/hearing always feeds back for a second

when someone is watching a report about themselves on TV and they're annoyed, they turn the telly off - that would never happen, you'd watch it to the end no matter what

snakybus said:
when someone is watching a report about themselves on TV and they're annoyed, they turn the telly off - that would never happen, you'd watch it to the end no matter what

And they always switch the telly on just in time to see said report on themselves.

child killers that seek revenge on the people who killed them by stalking their children in their dreams - i can think of at least 6 different movies that this has happened in.

when one of the character's is speeding around in car, there usually is a police car/bike to catch them. but when said caracter's are chaseing someone at high-speed, there's never any police around till the chase ends.

Zeelander said:
You know what isn't done so much anymore? Reading other people's posts, doh!
i'm not even going to look :D
today i will mainly be retarded and content in my retardation until someone makes my retardation known.

thanks for puttin' me woide.

People wrapping towels around themselves before they get out of the shower and not even using them to dry themselves.

Come on! In real life you want to ensure maximum naked time to let it all hang out when you're finished showering. When I get out of the shower I like to stand nekkid by an open window to feel the breeze and to wave at passing motorists. They don't show that shit in the liar movies.

Zeelander said:
People wrapping towels around themselves before they get out of the shower and not even using them to dry themselves.

Come on! In real life you want to ensure maximum naked time to let it all hang out when you're finished showering. When I get out of the shower I like to stand nekkid by an open window to feel the breeze and to wave at passing motorists. They don't show that shit in the liar movies.

Where do you live again? ;)

When someone in the fillums is doing a search on the internerd, they type the search terms in, and whatever they're looking for comes up right away.

No one ever suspects Angela Lansbury, even though she seems to be, at the very least, a harbinger of death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back