Film chat (3 Viewers)

I'm really interested in the idea of films that should have, but never got made and I came across a really interesting one I've never heard of before. Off the back of the Halloween remake, which I have a lot of love for, Rob Zombie was going to make a film called Tyrannosaurus Rex which was essentially a remake of the amazing road movie Race With the Devil, which is about four people stumbling across a satanic ritual in the Texas desert which turns into a high speed pursuit involving a camper van, motorbikes, a school bus and Satanists. Expect with Tyrannosaurus Rex, it was to be a bunch of wrestlers that stumble across the satanic mass.

Even more than At The Mountains Of Madness, I think I'd like this to eventually see the light of day.

Race with the devil scared the living shit out of me when I saw it on TV as a kid.

This has cropped up in conversation a few times lately. I only saw it once when I was very young and it left a lasting impression

ebay here I come

This has cropped up in conversation a few times lately. I only saw it once when I was very young and it left a lasting impression

ebay here I come

It's a great film, Johnny.

One of the reasons it's so amazing is because the characters seem to be stuck in the wrong film. They just happen to stumble upon the wrong scene at the wrong time and end up in a satanic chase movie.

The final shot still gives me chills.

I'm really interested in the idea of films that should have, but never got made and I came across a really interesting one I've never heard of before. Off the back of the Halloween remake, which I have a lot of love for, Rob Zombie was going to make a film called Tyrannosaurus Rex which was essentially a remake of the amazing road movie Race With the Devil, which is about four people stumbling across a satanic ritual in the Texas desert which turns into a high speed pursuit involving a camper van, motorbikes, a school bus and Satanists. Expect with Tyrannosaurus Rex, it was to be a bunch of wrestlers that stumble across the satanic mass.

Even more than At The Mountains Of Madness, I think I'd like this to eventually see the light of day.

I think they made that in the end

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I want to go to this but I always find Q&A’s extremely cringy.

Request Rejected

When I went to the David Lynch one a guy got up and told Lynch he held the Guinness book of records title for most push-ups done on one finger and he’d written a screenplay about his life and would Lynch be interested in reading it and possibly adapting it. Lynch was very gracious about saying no but the guy kept insisting till eventually he said “well if you can hand it to my assistant then we’ll see”.

I want to go to this but I always find Q&A’s extremely cringy.

They can be, and I usually bolt. Some can be amazing though.

I was at a great one for Bronson with his manager telling stories.
Also one with Rupert Wyatt was dead good, even though someone asked for an audition.

I was at an introduction for Insidious with Leigh Whannell and James Wan. They answered loads of questions on Saw and all that gear. Then left as the lights went down and the movie started up.
Unbeknownst to everyone they came back in and snuck up to people in the aisle pouncing on them going "WHOOOO!!!"
I thought it was kind of cool to have a horror director personally scare you at a movie.

They can usually be twaddle though. Frank Oz was super humourless.

I plan to leave if the questions get to embarrassing

Was at one once (it was the Whannell one) and someone down the very front asked some question that was so involved - the guy was clearly a super fan - that everyone started groaning. And then referencing him in further questions "I won't take as long as that first guy" etc. to much laughs.

When we went to leave, only then could we see that he was in a wheelchair. A super one. Like not quite Stephen Hawking, but not a million miles away - like he could still talk and stuff.
So he had his moment in front of his favourite directors and got to show them how much he adored their work, and that whole audience took one massive fucking shit on it.

Was at one once (it was the Whannell one) and someone down the very front asked some question that was so involved - the guy was clearly a super fan - that everyone started groaning. And then referencing him in further questions "I won't take as long as that first guy" etc. to much laughs.

When we went to leave, only then could we see that he was in a wheelchair. A super one. Like not quite Stephen Hawking, but not a million miles away - like he could still talk and stuff.
So he had his moment in front of his favourite directors and got to show them how much he adored their work, and that whole audience took one massive fucking shit on it.
this is why i leave

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back