4 Germany
5 Argentina
6 Holland
7 Turkey
8 England
9 Mexico
10 USA

what the hell are USA doing in there?

i have always rated the US as a very good 'Soccer' nation and predicted before the world cup that they would do very well.
I think they are going to get better all the time as they have the right approach to sports in general, top sporting facilities, a population of 250m and a 'go get em' attitude.
They have some very good players like landon donovan, clint matthis, a world class goalie in Friedel (in my opinion the best keeper in the premiership at the moment along with Cudicini), excellent defenders like Eddie Pope and Tony Sanneh, veterans players on the world stage like Cobi Jones (he has got over 150 caps i think which is bleedin' amazing) and young players who have lots of skill like DaMarcus Beasley.
as the footy becomes more popular every year in the US they are going to get stronger all the time, and I think they are a decent side to watch as they like to attack and take on any team...

10th in the world may be a little bit flattering but only time will tell i suppose.

They're supposed to be funny.
Turkey got to the semi-finals of the world cup but were beaten by Brazil. Quite impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back