Fiery Furnaces - Bitter Tea (1 Viewer)

Yup - great album indeed. But what's the deal with the two repeated tracks (once with normal arrangements and once with lots of annoying noises over them)?

yep. quality.

the repeated stuff? fiery furnaces just doing mad shit for the sake of it, i'm guessing. it's why some people find them annoying, but i dig their eccentricities.

when I first bought bitter tea I actually sort of hated it, I've loved everything FF have done, Gallows Bark totally rocked my world... but bitter tea, I did not like

now, after 2 or 3 months with it I think it's totally deadly

makes me think that it's rrreeeaaalllyyy rare to get a record that does that these days, actually grows on you in a slow timely manner. you could say that i-pods and downloads and web blogs has meant folks grab tunes before the records are even out, and by the first chorus have already decided wether or not they hate the album and posted all about it on the internet... uh, DC Berman talked about this in an interview...

Pitchfork: Do you follow the message boards on Silver Jews-related websites?

Berman: Cassie has put all music sites on block filter on the computer. As of yesterday. All those instant opinions. People get on there and start nitpicking. It's maddening. It no longer seems self-evident that it's "just" their opinion. A couple listens to some mp3 and John K. Internet is ready to go public with what he thinks. One jackass writes, "There's too much reverb on Berman's vocals. Also, I'm not sure about Cassie's role on the record." Hey, let me know when you figure it out. Cause I want you to be sure.

anyway I've forgotten where I was going with this... and Will & Grace is just starting.... uh... GO WOLVERINES!!!

Richie said:
Yup - great album indeed. But what's the deal with the two repeated tracks (once with normal arrangements and once with lots of annoying noises over them)?

the shorter version of Benton Harbour Blues was the single

same could be true of the shorted version of Nevers too *shrug*

Wilco's Summer Teeth and the Lip's Soft Bulletin had a similar thingy

Bitter tea is a brilliant and creative album i think but then again i'm no objective observer as i think all their albums are brilliant and creative

in my opinion, the quality and quantity of albums released by them is just phenomenal

a band i really like

IFF said:
Bitter tea is a brilliant and creative album i think but then again i'm no objective observer as i think all their albums are brilliant and creative

in my opinion, the quality and quantity of albums released by them is just phenomenal

a band i really like
It is actually the first time I've stumped out the cash for one of their records, always had a passing interest in them but definitely gonna investigate more.

Some of the most upbeat songs that I love are by this band. So Great.

Seeing them at ATP I got cranky, as wonderful Eleanor sang ALL the songs in a very set rythmic style, !zed simplifying the melodies a LOT which pissed me off as I do be lovin' their tunes. All very singalong, but not on that occasion.

As I like them so- I like to reason that a live preformance is to be relished because of the different approaches , but I'd seen them before supporting another band, and I don't think they were as regimental.

V.nice website to goo at

http://www.thefieryfurnaces.com/

I can't say I bothered to check ot anything new by them because I loathed their first album. More over the gal has no voice live. I never understood the pitchfork rave. In fairness, anything pitchfork gives a 10 I usually find it iffy but half the stuff they rate as a 7 I find brilliant.

when I first bought bitter tea I actually sort of hated it, I've loved everything FF have done, Gallows Bark totally rocked my world... but bitter tea, I did not like

now, after 2 or 3 months with it I think it's totally deadly

makes me think that it's rrreeeaaalllyyy rare to get a record that does that these days, actually grows on you in a slow timely manner. you could say that i-pods and downloads and web blogs has meant folks grab tunes before the records are even out, and by the first chorus have already decided wether or not they hate the album and posted all about it on the internet.

Deserves a thread all to itself...
http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=647969#post647969

can't get into it. but if panty did after a while i might give it another spin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back