• Replies 39
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 2

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Anybody else into this?

I am totally hooked..its fantastic! First run was 16 weeks ago..42 mins ..Gonna try for sub 25 tomorrow in St.Annes
Havent run all week though cos I twanged my knee last Saturday..but I feel fit today

Anyway if yer in St.Annes say hi!

pls explain wtf yer on about

I love St Anne's though, it's like a secret cool slightly wild park away from the tourist traps

Parkrun..aww man..its great.

Its a weekly free timed run in parks all across the land..in fact all across the world..I'll be doing my first international one in Rome soon!

Its super simple..you sign up Home We organise free weekly timed runs all over the world. Held in pleasant parkland on weekend mornings, our runs are open to all – from juniors and first timers to Olympians and octogenarians… ..they give you a barcode..which you present at the end of the run and later that day your time appears on the internet!

Its not a race..just tip around at your own pace. Although you will find yourself racing against your old less nimble self in no time.

If you ever felt like getting fit..this is the way to do it. I havent missed a week since I started..and am actively trying to improve and in the process becoming super fit.
The fiittest I've ever been...at 46!

Awesome!

I absolutely love parks..and I love that tune so its all good

Its the best thing ever!

I scored a new PB (personal best) on Saturday! Even after not running for a whole week due to a trick knee..shaved two seconds off! Huzzah!

I do the one in Porterstown Park the odd time. It's a nice track and there's a decent group of people there. I haven't been able to make it down since about February because my kids have football training at the same time but funnily enough I do actually meet up with some of the dads from that to go running one night a week.
Gonna go for my first run in about 3 weeks at lunch time today, I'll let ye know how it goes.

Heres a picture of me and fellow Parkrun enthusiast the Lord Mayor of Dublin after a rain drenched run in Drimnagh on Saturday ..he's pretty quick for a lord mayor!

The photo was his idea

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-14 at 12.38.45.jpeg

I didn't go running for a few weeks because of an injury. I've done 4 5k runs over the last 5 days and it probably wasn't a great idea. I'm completely knackered now. So my advice is don't do what I just did.

I'm only running Monday,Wednesday and Saturday now ..and I take it super handy except for Saturday(parkrun natch!)...although I go further on Monday and Wednesday.

Monday I run around the park in Dublin cos its lovely and flat and Wednesday I'm back home on the gruelling hills of Belturbet

I want to run more but I can't yet..my legs are just too weak,,I keep getting injured when I try consecutive days...but I hope to be able to run 5 days a week eventually

Thats kinda the trouble with cycling..it takes so long! In the summer I'll be all over it again..but running is so straightforward and quick and you can listen to music.

You can get a killer workout in the length of an album!

Thats kinda the trouble with cycling..it takes so long! In the summer I'll be all over it again..but running is so straightforward and quick and you can listen to music.

You can get a killer workout in the length of an album!

I used to find Nanogan Infinity by King Gizzard the perfect running album. Starts out real fast, slows down in the middle for Mr Beat before picking the pace up again at the end. Used to do a good 7k listening to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back