Fender Jaguar '62 re-issue (2 Viewers)

Jaker

Hi Guys,

I bought this guitar

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0100900883

in February in sunburst and amn't too keen on the floatable bridges aspect to it, its unfortunate as it sounds great. It is brand new essentially, and am only looking for what I paid, €730, I also got a hard case for it which was €100 but the lot for €800 if anyone is interested,

please PM me,

thanks,

Al

p.s.:the guitar in the link is an American Vintage, mine is a re-issue(Japanese)

So you've had (and played) the guitar for eight months and you want the same price as a brand new unplayed one? Have they since increased in value or something?

I have played this a few times, it costs over €900 in Dublin,

thought it was reasonable

yeah thats a bit mad alright. also, wouldnt imagine the floating bridge would bother me if it sounded great.

Yeah, its more the cradles(can't think of the right words), basically the strings move around from grid to grid on the bridge(?!) and is a bit quirky in that way,(i.e.-the strings sit on cradles instead of being fixed/attached from a certain point)

anyway, if anyone would like to make an offer, look forward to hearing from you,

Cheers,

Al.

Pickup selectors. The top one chooses between rythym and treble circuits (just different sounds, treble is brighter.. duh). The bottom three are an on-off for each pickup, and a bass cut. Why you'd ever want less bass on a Jag is beyond me.
Also, the saddles are much less of a problem when you use decent gauge strings. 11's are good. Surely not many guitars have strings that are attached at the bridge saddle?? Are you used to floyd roses or something?

Jaker said:
Yeah, its more the cradles(can't think of the right words), basically the strings move around from grid to grid on the bridge(?!) and is a bit quirky in that way,(i.e.-the strings sit on cradles instead of being fixed/attached from a certain point)

anyway, if anyone would like to make an offer, look forward to hearing from you,

Cheers,

Al.

i have a jazzmaster and it does the same thing. its part of the fun, pulling yr strings up between songs plus it makes a cool noise.

I really want one of these bad boys but they are only 660e new from musicstore.de so unless you can come down in price it might be hard to shift. if yr down wth that pm me!!:)

Can you buy U.S versions of these bad boys?? Any idea of price?

Actually i'm gonna be in New York next week and am thinking of picking up a guitar. Has anyone recommendations on guitar shops to check out (new and second hand shops) ?

Thank you men.

Yeah, I thought we were talking US all along. They're about 1700 off thomann, but I got one in Prague for a little less than a grand. That was some kinda crazy bargain, mind you. The US versions are a hell of a lot better than the MIJ, and tbh, you'll probably get a better guitar for the money. The US ones are the real deal though, beautiful little things.

sweet man. yeah been looking around on the net and they are about 1300 dollary doos.

this thingabob looks fucking cool though

big.jpg

Whats the deal with getting a US Tele is the states. Prices range from $650 to about $1000. Is that for the Jap ones? It never says on the websites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back