FELIX KUBIN in Crawdaddy on Friday March 14th (1 Viewer)

miguel_myriad

Hamburg's purveyor of dadatronic experimentalist pop music last seen headlining Ireland at the inaugural mor festival in 2003 asking people whether they wanted a Fuck Bollywood song or an internet sadist song? Five years on and his back with his deranged psychoscifipopperia.

SONICDIPITY presents….

FELIX KUBIN

LIVE IN CRAWDADDY
FRIDAY MARCH 14th

Tickets €15. Doors 11.30pm
www.felixkubin.com
"Refreshingly perverse" (THE WIRE)

MEET FELIX KUBIN AND SOME OF HIS JOBS:

Experimental and futuristic pop music, electroacoustic music, owner of label Gagarin Records, animated cartoon films/experimental short films, radio programmes, radio plays, film and theatre music, articles and publications in books and magazines

Kubin's sample-heavy electropop is often racked under 'plunderphonic music', along with artists like Negativland and People Like Us. "My music is not plunderphonic music," he protests. "When I use samples it's mostly samples of my own music and sounds, or of something that I refer to in my musical history." But he does share plunderphonic artists' interest in politics. "The plunderphonic movement tried to be political simply by taking voices of others and not commenting themselves," argues Kubin.

"Their comment was the context. Since politics have totally left the realm of visions by becoming a management of economics, culture has to replace politics by taking its visionary spirit. That's why art is so important today. Artists have to take the responsibility to change unified minds and to give them back a visionary feeling of politics in the original sense: the matter of the singular citizen in correspondence to society's interest. Culture is not luxury, culture is the new politics in opposition to pure economics."

Kubin's interest in surreal dream logic, poetry, broken narrative and noise coalesces in his experimental radio plays. "My first radio play in 2001 was called Syndicate Of Counter-Noise, produced for Deutschlandradio Berlin," he says. "It explored a syndicate of noise musicians and theorists who organised in a sabotage ring worldwide. A mixture of documentary, travelling report, pseudo-science, sound collage, manifesto platform. It got quite a lot of airing, which encouraged me to go on."

Recently he premiered a play with Polish artist Wojtek Kucharczyk. "It deals with the German-Polish relationship and takes the piss out of each other's prejudices and pathos," he concludes. "I like to combine fiction and reality/documentation because I think that nowadays the truth lies - a great double-meaning of the word in this context - in between facts and poetry."

aaaaaaaaaaargh!! I can't wait for this. Felix Kubin is deadly. whoever decided to invite him over. ..thanks! hope theres gonna be some nice bizzaro visuals accompanying him. i don't feel so bitter about not being able to go to BLOC now.

FELIX KUBIN tonight in CrawDaddy. Support R.S.A.G.

Tonight

Doors 11.30pm

App. stage times

R.S.A.G. - 12.30am

Felix Kubin - 1.30am

On the decks Georg from A-Musik in Hamburg who, in his own words, will be playing "7 inches of 80ies obscure/minimal electronics as a kind of precursor of Felix Kubin. plus a bunch of international folk & pop music I recently like. think sumblime frequencies label"

Re: FELIX KUBIN tonight in CrawDaddy. Support R.S.A.G.

"... plus a bunch of international folk & pop music I recently like. think sumblime frequencies label"
cool ... this is one of the best compilations i've heard in years ...
thaipopspectacular.jpg

... sounds right up felix's street too

oh, just saw that it's not felix on the decks after. d'you know if georg a-musik is doing the cork show too?

GO AND SEE THIS GUY
I SAW HIM THE OTHER NIGHT W/ SILVER APPLES

BEST.GIG.EVER.

HE IS INCREDIBLE LIKE D.A.F. AND HE DOES IT ALL LIVE ON A MS20

MARK MY WORDS WHATEVER THE PRICE IS GO AND SEE HIM

GO AND SEE THIS GUY
I SAW HIM THE OTHER NIGHT W/ SILVER APPLES

BEST.GIG.EVER.

HE IS INCREDIBLE LIKE D.A.F. AND HE DOES IT ALL LIVE ON A MS20

MARK MY WORDS WHATEVER THE PRICE IS GO AND SEE HIM

Second that! saw him at Mor 1 and from memory he was great crack. ticket for free now shame to waste but must collect see other thread for number to ring. am on same road as kilmainham jail.

*****Tonight*****
Felix Kubin
Club ping Pong
Liquid Lounge
Marlboro street
Cork
Doors -10.30pm
Admission-E10

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back