[Feb 10, 2015] A Winged Victory For The Sullen (The Pavillion Theatre) (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Winged_Victory_website_copy.jpg

A Winged Victory For The Sullen (Erased Tapes) is the collaboration between Stars Of The Lid founder, & Brussels resident Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie, and Berlin based composer, Dustin O’Halloran.

On May 24th 2007, in Bologna, Italy, Adam was on tour and playing with the late Mark Linkous & Sparklehorse, on what would be their final European tour. That night Adam invited friend and colleague Francesco Donadello to see the concert, and Francesco's guest this evening was composer Dustin O'Halloran. After consuming a bottle of cheap bourbon, and the untimely death of Linkous, a curious friendship began.

Since releasing their self-titled debut in September of 2011 they have toured the world playing almost 100 concerts, and last year they caught the ear of London Royal Ballet choreographer Wayne McGregor. Wayne used the music as warm up during practice sessions, realizing they were the perfect fit to fill the musical void of his new long dance piece "Atomos" which debuted in October 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_DaLuqNSJc

http://www.paviliontheatre.ie/events/view/a-winged-victory-for-the-sullen-pavilion-theatre

Pavilion Theatre presents...
A Winged Victory For The Sullen

Tue 10 Feb, 8pm
Tickets €24

A Winged Victory for the Sullen (Erased Tapes) is the collaboration between Stars Of The Lid founder, & Brussels resident Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie, and Berlin based composer, Dustin O’Halloran.

On May 24th 2007, in Bologna, Italy, Adam was on tour and playing with the late Mark Linkous & Sparklehorse, on what would be their final European tour. That night Adam invited friend and colleague Francesco Donadello to see the concert, and Francesco's guest this evening was composer Dustin O'Halloran. After consuming a bottle of cheap bourbon, and the untimely death of Linkous, a curious friendship began.

Since releasing their self-titled debut in September of 2011 they have toured the world playing almost 100 concerts, and last year they caught the ear of London Royal Ballet choreographer Wayne McGregor. Wayne used the music as warm up during practice sessions, realizing they were the perfect fit to fill the musical void of his new long dance piece "Atomos" which debuted in October 2013.

★★★★ Mojo
★★★★ Q Magazine
★★★★ The Telegraph
"A surprisingly emotional score"
★★★★ Times "Intense, reflective, occasionally threatening and wholly enveloping"

For more info and to book tickets: http://www.paviliontheatre.ie/events/view/a-winged-victory-for-the-sullen-pavilion-theatre

Pavilion Theatre presents...
A Winged Victory For The Sullen

Tue 10 Feb, 8pm
Tickets €24

A Winged Victory for the Sullen (Erased Tapes) is the collaboration between Stars Of The Lid founder, & Brussels resident Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie, and Berlin based composer, Dustin O’Halloran.

★★★★ Mojo
★★★★ Q Magazine
★★★★ The Telegraph
"A surprisingly emotional score"
★★★★ Times "Intense, reflective, occasionally threatening and wholly enveloping"

For more info and to book tickets: A Winged Victory for the Sullen - Pavilion Theatre, Dún Laoghaire. Tue 10 Feb 2015 - Pavilion Theatre

Please note that for this performance O'Halloran and Wiltzie will be performing naked, smeared in custard and glue, in a coital embrace, suspended from the venue's state-of-the-art de Sade rig. Audience members are invited to attach bull clips to the instruments, performers and themselves. Strictly no recording, photography or arousal permitted. R.O.A.R. All ages show; no grandparents.

Did I see @scutter there tonight?
hah, I saw someone I was about 70% sure was you before the gig (chatting to someone I recognise from gigs but who I don't know).

I'd pick you out of a crowd, just not a Winged Victory for the Sullen crowd!

I even texted @jonah to ask her was it you but she was no help (seeing as she wasn't there like).

Really enjoyed the show though I'm not mad on that venue.

hah, I saw someone I was about 70% sure was you before the gig (chatting to someone I recognise from gigs but who I don't know).

I even texted @jonah to ask her was it you but she was no help (seeing as she wasn't there like).

I wasn't entirely certain it was you as you look less Stallone-y from behind (we were a couple of rows behind you). Next time I stick to my guns and say hello.

Pavilion was good for Bonnie Prince Billy but, as much as I enjoyed the performance last night, I don't think the PA is really up to the standard necessary for AWVFTS.

Yeah, as if I was going to know, I was in bed!

I'm pretty jealous though, I would have liked to have gone, but the last time I cried too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back