Favourite Winter Drinks (1 Viewer)

piggles

So, just looking at this thread...
http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=36963&highlight=summer+drinks

I am a fan of Pimm's No.1 so last night I picked up some Pimm's Winter Cup in the doody-free. It's a brandy based spice-infused drink.

I (gently) heated up some apple juice, added a measure of this Pimm's, plus a splash of Cointreau. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and some sliced up lemon and apple.

I would consider having a pot of this concoction sitting on the stovetop for the rest of the year. It is the business.

230205827.jpg

seriously?

I think I drank it once.
Not impressed at all. Although it was homemade, so it might have been muck.

Its more like wine than beer though.
Like, its just wine made from honey. No malting or hopping or any of that business.
Horse it in a bottle and ferment it.

A nice pint of Beamish or Murphys is a good winter drink.

I drank mead once. Within ten minutes I was a roaring, growling mess. On that basis I'd say mead is more like whiskey, as that's what whiskey does to me. If it was like wine I'd have been a laughing, dozy mess.

Favourite winter drink is Baileys, of course. Baileys is made from whiskey, but it doesn't make me angry somehow. I think that's because it's magic.

you can't beat a hot port or a hot whiskey, with a slice of lemon and cloves....I usually hate cloves but LOVE them in this. I can only have maybe two before I get sleepy-drunk but one is quite the cure for a winter cold!

Oh and last Christmas I discovered i actually like mulled wine, but I still don't like mince pies.
That Pimms drink looks quite the business - love the summer one.

I drank mead once. Within ten minutes I was a roaring, growling mess. On that basis I'd say mead is more like whiskey, as that's what whiskey does to me. If it was like wine I'd have been a laughing, dozy mess.

There's fuck all alcohol in mead though... its not refined or distilled or anything.

Are you American Sean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back