Favourite Ever Scenes From A Movie (3 Viewers)

Taxi Driver.

The scene where Travis shoots the guys fingers off and his subsequent reaction - 'You crazy son of a bitch, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you' - and his pursuing of Travis up the stairs.

Must have watched that scene alone over 100 times. Amazing.

Does anyone else like it?

Yes, it is a great scene... but it's not my favourite ever.

Good call....
Quint: Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, chief. It was comin' back, from the island of Tinian Delady, just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in twelve minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. Thirteen footer. You know, you know that when you're in the water, chief? You tell by lookin' from the dorsal to the tail. Well, we didn't know. `Cause our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. Huh huh. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, chief. The sharks come cruisin'. So we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know it's... kinda like `ol squares in battle like a, you see on a calendar, like the battle of Waterloo. And the idea was, the shark would go for nearest man and then he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark would go away. Sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the ocean turns red and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' they all come in and rip you to pieces.
Y'know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men! I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand! I don't know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday mornin' chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player, boson's mate. I thought he was asleep, reached over to wake him up. Bobbed up and down in the water, just like a kinda top. Up ended. Well... he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us, he swung in low and he saw us. He'd a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper, anyway he saw us and come in low. And three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and start to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened? Waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.

Virtually every scene in Withnail & I, but some of my all time favourite scenes would be

The Chicken Salad Sandwich scene in Five Easy Pieces.

The fight between Kathy Bates and Jmaes Caan in Misery - ' Eat it till ya choke, you sick, twisted fuck! '

... ah jaysus too many to mention.

Mitchum,

They used to have movie quotes up on the toilets walls in the old UGC. The Quint one was up so I always went to the urinal with that one and read it while i Peed...

From The Graduate.

I fuckin love this.

It is early morning. We see a swinging door pushed open
to reveal Mr. Braddock, dressed in a bathrobe, standingat the kitchen counter by the window through which we cansee an orange tree. Mr. Braddock is pouring orange juicefrom a MINUTE MAID container. Ben stands inside door.

MR. BRADDOCK
: Say that again.
BEN:
I'm going to marry Elaine Robinson.

MR. BRADDOCK STARTS TO SMILE.

MR. BRADDOCK
: Well - well - well -

He almost giggles as he crosses to Ben and takes his handto shake it. Mrs. Braddock appears in the doorway. Ben is shaking his father's hand.

MRS. BRADDOCK
: What's happening?
MR. BRADDOCK:
Ben says he and Elaine are getting married.
MRS. BRADDOCK:
I don't believe it.
MR. BRADDOCK:
That what he says. Right?
BEN:
I'm going up to Berkeley today.
MRS. BRADDOCK:
Oh, Ben - this is so - exciting -
MR. BRADDOCK:
Come on, let's call the Robinsons. We've got something to celebrate.
BEN:
No. I think you'll want to wait on that.
MRS. BRADDOCK:
They don't know?
BEN:
No - they don't.
MRS. BRADDOCK:
Well - when did you decide all this?
BEN:
About an hour ago.
MR. BRADDOCK:
Wait a minute. You talked to Elaine this morning?
BEN:
No. She doesn't know about it.
MR. BRADDOCK:
She doesn't know that you're coming up to Berkeley?
BEN:
No. Actually - she doesn't know about us getting married yet.
MRS. BRADDOCK: When did you two talk this over?
BEN:
We haven't.
MR. BRADDOCK:
Ben - this whole idea sounds pretty half-baked.
BEN:
No - it's not. It's completely baked. It's a decision I've made.
MRS. BRADDOCK:
But what makes you think she wants to marry you?

Ben picks up his suitcase, walks to the door and turns.

BEN:
She doesn't. To be perfectly honest, she doesn't like me.

Ben leaves.

Toast pops up from toaster. Mr and Mrs Braddock turn to look at it.

The bit in Falling Down when he bashes up the guy's shop.

The bit in Falling Down when he freaks out in the Burger joint.

The bit in Falling Down when he makes the fat golfer have a heart attack.

The bit in Falling Down when he kills the nazi scumbag.

The bit in Falling Down when he beats up the two gangland dudes.

The bit in Falling Down when he meets the janitor's family in the rich folks' garden.

The bit in Falling Down when he says "I'm the bad guy?"

The bit in Falling Down when Robert Duvall stands up to his moany wife.

From The Quiet Man:

"Go 'way, ye Traitor!" (Spitting as he says it).

The Fight.

"Here's a big stick to bate the lovely lady."

And Ryan's Daughter: Barry Foster telling the Brits to "Get out of my country!" and the camera move to the old bint who roars, "God Bless Ye, Tim O'Leary!"

- the Kilgore scenes in apocalypse now
- the dinner table scene in TCM (and what ferox said - that door closing! intense)
- "hey kid you wanna earn 10 bucks?" "fuck you, queer!" - from repo man (we wus just talkin about that at the weekend!)
- and even though i've seen it 1000000000000 times the bottles scene at the end of warriors

and last but not least also from repo man:

Bud: Hey! Hey look at that. Look at those assholes over there. Ordinary fucking people I hate 'em.

Otto: Me too.

any scene from predator

ah you stole mine. watched it the other day for the firs time in ages -- i'd forgotten how many classic lines there are in it. I've been trying to work GET TO THA CHOPPER! and DO IT! DO IT NAAOW! and There's something out there waiting for us.. and it ain't no man into converation whenever possible since.

The big fight in Kickboxer, where Tong Po is after beating the head off Jean Claude Van Damme
"You bleed like Mylee. Mylee goooooooood fuck."
"Nooooooooooooooooo!"

They don't write 'em like that any more.

the start of purple rain where the revolution are playing 'let's go crazy'. also the, uh, purple rain bit.

most of conan, especially the 'what is best in life?' bit and the orgy in thulsa doom's mountain of power - hand soup!

Taxi Driver.

The scene where Travis shoots the guys fingers off and his subsequent reaction - 'You crazy son of a bitch, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you' - and his pursuing of Travis up the stairs.

Must have watched that scene alone over 100 times. Amazing.

Does anyone else like it?

Pretty amazing alright. Gotta love his 2nd encounter with Sport on the doorstep - "Suck on this". The way the camera moves up to reveal the haircut is incredible too. Love the way he applauds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back