Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
well? I like

Temple Of Low Men best
Together Alone next
not sure after that... woodface next probably

(dont like crowded house? just place your vote and get out...)

thoughts on the reunion? im excited. it wont be the same without hester but he had been out for a few years anyway before they split (and it wasnt as good without him...). He was a fine drummer and singer but his real skill was making their gigs such good fun with his innane babbling and larking about. nick seymour was good for a laugh too as was neil finn. musically though it will no doubt be a fine reunion. im sure this new drummer who used to play with beck will be fine and with a back catalogue as fine as theirs theres little that can go wrong.

bump

I finally caught up with the new album - Intriguer. I only found out about it yesterday. Its a big improvement over Time On Earth. Theres some very catchy tunes and some nice playing and singing. the only thing really wrong with it is the production which is a bit naff at times. It also doesnt sound much like classic crowded house but thats ok.

are any of the newbies fans?

It won't let me vote, but Temple of Low Men would have been my choice.

Neil Finn has a new band with the missus and two other people

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not a particularly memorable tune but maybe this will be a band for guitar wigouts. I quite like the riff

Twice If You're Lucky from Intriguer is a fantastic tune. Even the tame production job on the album can't dampen it although the live versions seem to be better. This stripped live version is very nice

I think they were going in a better direction with this next one - the piano is all well and good but the jangly electric 12-string on the video below is magic. Finn makes a right fuck of the lyrics here but what harm

Hmmm. I was wondering why only Neil and Nick featured on the new gig promo photos

Tough crowd in this thread.

I know zero songs by Crowded House but Neil Finn is one of those "songwriter's songwriters" so clearly it's all a load of bollocks, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back