fast guinness for all! (1 Viewer)

Guinness = Pricks.
Ran the other breweries out of business, marketed themselves into the 'traditional' slot and then sold out to Diageo.
Drink [url="http://www.dublinbrewing.com]Darcys[/url] instead.

ah joss, i'm not about to have a moral dilemma about something i drink untill i can't see or talk and puke on people.

Anyone been in NAUGHTON`S across the river from Busarus-dodgy lookin street, can`t remember the name though.THE best pint of Guinness I ever had in Dublin (besides Mulligans) - still cheap enough there.Nothing has changed their since the 1920`s.Even the music on in the bar fits in with all the pre-W.War 2 vibe.
Wierd but good.

whatever you do, don't drink the Guiness in hogans. no seriously. ask the jacks.

the pints of genius in the parnell mooney were horrific. jesus, i got a frothy creamy head on one, and i got one which had obviously been rejected by johnny regular ten minutes before...
and the lighting downstairs made every pint look horrrible....

but the music was good :)

i was so upset the other day, i went into an irish pub here and decided to check out the aussie guinness, i watched and watched as the barmaid poured it, now she didn't do a bad job on it but then it stopped, the girl cursed and said that the barrel had run out and that she'd have to go and change it.
I said i'd wait.

So a few mins later she came back picked up the glass she had half filled from the last barrell and proceeded to fill it up with the new guinness. I just looked onin amazement, she then placed it in front of me and asked for the money, i told her i didn't want the pint, and then she asked me why?

SHE REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHY I DIN'T WANT IT!!!!

i told her about not mixing barrells and she went oh, i didn't know that!!! ANd all this in an irish pub! Oh the shame.......

ye see the thing is that thats an old wives tale. there is, depending on the length of the lines from the cold room, 5-10 pints still in the lines. now since the best guinness is at the bottom of the keg and when its pouring, the only complaint you should have had was with the lenght of time in-between the pour and the top up.
the actual time that the keg swops over to the new is five or six pints into the new keg.

Hey Nann, did you try the XXXX. I got hammered on that stuff one night and it nearly killed me the next morning. Its the worst hangover I ever had.

Where are you in Aus? If you can, get to Airlie Beach near Cairns and go scuba diving on the barrier reef. Its actually dirt cheap and its the most amazing thing you'll ever do in your life (well probably)

nann (01 Mar, 2002 12:55 p.m.):
i was so upset the other day, i went into an irish pub here and decided to check out the aussie guinness, i watched and watched as the barmaid poured it, now she didn't do a bad job on it but then it stopped, the girl cursed and said that the barrel had run out and that she'd have to go and change it.
I said i'd wait.

So a few mins later she came back picked up the glass she had half filled from the last barrell and proceeded to fill it up with the new guinness. I just looked onin amazement, she then placed it in front of me and asked for the money, i told her i didn't want the pint, and then she asked me why?

SHE REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHY I DIN'T WANT IT!!!!

i told her about not mixing barrells and she went oh, i didn't know that!!! ANd all this in an irish pub! Oh the shame.......

Dan (01 Mar, 2002 01:26 p.m.):
Hey Nann, did you try the XXXX. I got hammered on that stuff one night and it nearly killed me the next morning. Its the worst hangover I ever had.

Where are you in Aus? If you can, get to Airlie Beach near Cairns and go scuba diving on the barrier reef. Its actually dirt cheap and its the most amazing thing you'll ever do in your life (well probably)

Yeah i'm in australia at the moment, in Briz Vegas (brisbane really but it shows thati got the local lingo down!)

Yeah i've tried the XXXX (the factory is right beside my friends house!)but theres a few types my favourite being the bitter, although i do agree that it gives you a rotten hangover. But i reckon thats cause the beer is stronger here so you drink the same amounts as usual, end up being more drunk than usual hense the bigger hangover!

did you try VB? Remindes me of Dutch gold and is just as cheap so its great!!!!

oh and another thing another irish bar here didn't know how to make a hot whiskey!!!

might have something to do with the heat here but still..

what part of OZ are you in nann ? are there any good gigs on at the moment ?
australia has a really good music scence...not from there, regurgitator, knievel, gerling, spiderbait are a few that spring to mind...jesus, even swervedriver packed up and moved to oz and who could blame them. I saw swervedriver once in Cogee with Not from there and Powderfinger and drank a fuck load of VB...a brilliant gig (except for the hangover-VB is potent shit)...
and then there is triple J...what a radio station (well better than anything over here anyway)...and vegimite...and going to the beach on a saturday morning 2 minutes away from the gaff to get rid of the hangover...
i miss the place...people have so much fun over there.

Shit, sorry Nann, I meant to say VB instead of XXXX. XXXX is fine, but VB fries your fucking brain. It does remind of my beloved Royal Dutch, but it does more damage, way more damage. Tooheys New and Carlton Coldies are the best beers in my opinion.

I was in Brisbane myself, staying in Nundah, which is a shithole.

I always thought that the beer was the same strength, but because its so hot your insides absorb drinks much quicker and therefore you get drunk quicker...

am in brisbane, there ain't really alot happening here although we did just have Big Day out on the gold coast with NOFX, the white stripes, New order, playing but unfortuantely i didn't get to go.

Tomahawk played here aswell but i refused to give in the the price of the tickets

Nick CAve is playin next week and in two weeks Stereolab are here.

Also the Warped tour will be here soon too. Planty to be kept busy!

You'll be pleased to hear that triple J is still up and runnin, i think you can get it on the net,

as for Vegimite Bleauch!!!! Yucky yucky stuff give me nutella anyday!

Dan (01 Mar, 2002 02:05 p.m.):
Shit, sorry Nann, I meant to say VB instead of XXXX. XXXX is fine, but VB fries your fucking brain. It does remind of my beloved Royal Dutch, but it does more damage, way more damage. Tooheys New and Carlton Coldies are the best beers in my opinion.

Tooheys new is great, i'm heading for a jug of mentioned after work soon down under bar, for $9 yeay!!!!

I was in Brisbane myself, staying in Nundah, which is a shithole.

Nundah i been there not too impressed,i'm in Coorparoo , do you know it?

Tooheys New and Carlton Coldies are the best beers in my opinion.
Tooheys New...one of the nicest beers going. Couldn't get it in many places outside of NSW though...drank Tooheys bitter or something in Melbourne, wasn't as nice as New though...did youse ever go to Nimbin ?

Tooheys New...one of the nicest beers going. Couldn't get it in many places outside of NSW though...drank Tooheys bitter or something in Melbourne, wasn't as nice as New though...did youse ever go to Nimbin ?[/quote]

ain't been there but boy have i heard about it!!!!

i didn't make it there myself (which is a pitty) but anyone I spoke to said it was really funny and they had a laugh...i think the MardiGrass Festival is on again soon...definitely one not to miss.

thats actually on tomorrow in sydney so it looks like i'm not gonna make it!!

But i'm headin down to sydney in about three weeks so any tips??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back