fast guinness for all! (1 Viewer)

its always been
-40% presentation
-20% scauldy browny/black bitter muck
-20% look! look how mature i am! i have 'aquired' the aquired taste! yay!
-20% its what my granddad drank when he was walled up the the gpo fighting the brits and GODDAMNIT i'll drink it now (bangs fist on table)

What about the 10% "it's 20c cheaper than that nasty watery lager stuff"?

lorcanzo (26 Feb, 2002 12:20 p.m.):
its always been
-40% presentation
-20% scauldy browny/black bitter muck
-20% look! look how mature i am! i have 'aquired' the aquired taste! yay!
-20% its what my granddad drank when he was walled up the the gpo fighting the brits and GODDAMNIT i'll drink it now (bangs fist on table)

The funniest thing I've ever read on thumped.

What about the fact that once you've "acquired" the taste anything else tests like piss...well apart from my precious Royal Dutch..mmm.

I think the reason I went through the first few pints of agony as a student was so that I knew I would eventually save loads of money in the long run. Fucking celtic cub students with too much money these days don't need to do that.

Apparently the 90 second pour is no longer 'relevant' to current market, or some such marketing-speak bollocks. It said so in the Turbine on Sunday so it did.

if they served a decent pint anywhere in town (bar Mulligans) then Guinness wouldn't be tryin to boost sales at all. Bring back the decent pint!!!!!

i blame everybody for everything.

there's nothing liek a real good pint..kehoes of south ann street used to serve up a brilliant one, untill they removed all the old fellas who could tell the difference and oput in a tv an idiot sand stuff.

heh. i was gonna change that where it says idiot sand stuff (idiots and stuff it shudda bin)... but it sounds rapi'.

Good guinness for all!

Stuart Little (26 Feb, 2002 05:01 p.m.):
Here's 3 (I know there's more)

Grogans: Decent
Nearys: Decent
Lord Edward: Decent
Storehouse: Decent (ne excuse)

ehh..that's four?

Gaffney's in Fairview does a good pint if you ever venture that way.

It's never been the same since they started that belly freezing cold variant guinness.
Or indeed since they put it on draught in the first place.
I remember when it was bottled from the keg by the barman, and served up warm and flat. Yum yum yum.

But really, does it matter what the publicans sell us, or at what price? We still spend all our money in the boozer, don't we? Remember when the £3 pint seemed like a ridiculous idea? That was about 6 months ago right? Have we had a €5 pint yet? maybe next week in the Morrisson?
It's a real shame you can't just blag pints like you can with ciggies.

Good guinness for all!

Stuart Little (26 Feb, 2002 05:01 p.m.):
Here's 3 (I know there's more)

Grogans: Decent
Nearys: Decent
Lord Edward: Decent
Storehouse: Decent (ne excuse)

Yeah but I want Guinness to be really good in every pub I go to. Don't ask for much do I? :0)

Thanks for the suggestions anyway though

A word of advice: if it's good Guinness you're after, arise and follow the culchie. Like a pig to truffles, he has a nose for the stuff. (Unless he's from Louth, in which case he may lead the unwary towards Bass or Carling or some other pungent, republican brew.)

A couple more sources for the iron-starved supper:

- Slattery's (corner of Grand Canal Street & Bath Avenue)

- Walsh's (Stoneybatter)

- Smyth's (Haddington Road)

G'wan the dark-stooled Oirish!

Keeror (26 Feb, 2002 05:20 p.m.):

Remember when the £3 pint seemed like a ridiculous idea? That was about 6 months ago right? Have we had a €5 pint yet? maybe next week in the Morrisson?

The Irish are officially the greediest in the euro-conversion game.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2002/0224/euro.html

"The report will highlight huge increases in medical costs such as visits to the doctor, now standing at €35, or an increase of over 10%. Huge increases have also taken place in the prices of alcohol, soft drinks, clothes, footwear, and admission to cinemas and discos. In some cases prices have gone up by as much as 15%, says the report. "

Also the handy thing about the euro is you can compare the price of transport, beer, bread, milk, shoes etc... more transparently accross europe. And guess what - we are joint first with Belgium as the most expensive place to shop/live in Europe.

smashing.

of course bertie denies this
http://www.rte.ie/news/2002/0226/euro01.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back