fast guinness for all! (1 Viewer)

I got to go now cause its 12.30 am here and i just finished work (internet lounge how handy) anyway gotta catch the train but if you got any hints for sydney please post em and i'll check in on Sunday when i'm back at work

cheers

not the Sydney mardi grass (which was fucking hilarious - i'll never forget seing around 20 lifesize Pink Teletubies with placards saying "MUFF" walking around) , but the Nimbin MardiGrass
http://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/.

Sydney is pretty cool...red eye records on 66 King St, between George and York Street is worth checking out. there are loads of venues in Sydney and the best thing to do is to pick up a free copy of Revolver (like the event guide) when you get there...one of my favourite pubs was the beach road hotel in bondi which was down the road from where we lived and there was always something going on there. Definitely go to chinatown beside Darling Harbour...there are huge supermarkets which only sell asian products (it's great buying stuff, not knowing what it is and then getting home trying to work out what the hell you've bought) and paddys market is also worth a look. head to cogee and do the coastal walk through clovelly and bronte and on to bondi......i was there around 4 years ago though so things have probably changed a lot since then.

You going to Sydney on the train Nann? Get a plane if you can. I went by train and its a sixteen and a half hour journey. Its an absolute killer!!! I was only there for two days by myself, so I only got to do the usual tourist stuff. Its not as hot as brisbane which is deadly, I was getting sick of the 40c heat.

Mugwump, you wouldn't have happened to like Nimbim because of all the drugs??? I met up with Aussie guys who'd just been in Nimbim on new years eve and they were like santa with drugs..

hey its sunday and i'm back in work (i'm actually a bit worse for wear as i started here at 4pm but was in the pub since 12 till then, i met these two old irish men who bet me drinks that i couldn't tell them an irish joke that they hadn't heard before, i won and so the guinness was flowing (and surprisingly a glass of champagne too as they thought that the joke was so good it deserved it!!)))

anyway enough bout that,i just wanted to say cheers for the info bout sydney, i've printed it out so i won't forget!

As for the train...theres no way on earth that i am gonna put myself on that thing again, i took the train from Sydney to here when i first arrived and it nearly killed me, i'd already spent the previous 48 hoursonplanes and sitting in airports. Never again i tell ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back