falling asleep at your desk (1 Viewer)

dleacht

i got up an extra hour early today in an attempt to be on time for a change. so so tired now cant do anything. that proposal they have in england for starting school later in the day makes alot of sense

i don't get the later starting thing, like will kids not just end up sleeping in, adjusting their body clocks and having the same problems? unless parents make their kids get up at the same time, which would be difficult to say the least.

I think the point is the extra time in bed in the morning is benefical to alertness as people dont tend to go to bed early anyways. So then you're getting the sleep you need but at different times

If you have an office, throw a load of pens, paper-clips and random stationary on the floor. Lye down on the ground and have a nice nap. If your boss comes in, he'll think you've had a minor seizure,sending you home for the day,to your real bed.

just snooze at your desk when you need it and if questioned say you're narcoleptic, that's what my housemate does. she actually is narcoleptic though.

i have flexitime, it's terrible, i never make it in till the last possible minute and then i have to stay till all hours, while the lads who came in early are out the door at 3.30. pricks.

I'm the same again today and I caught up on sleep over weekend. I know there's been loads of threads about not having enough sleep but what about too much sleep?

i got up an extra hour early today in an attempt to be on time for a change. so so tired now cant do anything. that proposal they have in england for starting school later in the day makes alot of sense
Schools would still have to open at the normal time to accommodate kids who get driven to school by their working parents, which would mean longer hours for school staff. Unless the teaching unions in the UK are very weak indeed I can't see it happening

I'm the same again today and I caught up on sleep over weekend. I know there's been loads of threads about not having enough sleep but what about too much sleep?

i oversleep like a motherfucker when i'm not working, getting up at 2 or 3 pm.

Schools would still have to open at the normal time to accommodate kids who get driven to school by their working parents, which would mean longer hours for school staff. Unless the teaching unions in the UK are very weak indeed I can't see it happening

I dont see it happening either, I just think it's an interesting concept. Reality is daylight is how society is organised and that'd mean in the winter lessons would still be going on with it pitch dark outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back