Extras - Series 2 (1 Viewer)

the best bits were the bits with steve merchant and barry. There wasn't enough of them though..and seriously how stupid is maggie?headwrecker..

You read my mind. It was relatively entertaining.

I wonder has Steve got fed up of Ricky getting all the praise over the years and kept all the good bits in extras for himself.

Xmas TV was shit this year.

I really liked it the first half had some very funny moments and I liked the celeb rant at the end but as was said before the Maggie character was just made far too stupid, I also think the Steven Merchant parts were the best bits, the three lads dancing in the Carphone Warehouse made me LOL lolz....

That said after reading the second page of this interview Gervais is still a cunt
http://nymag.com/arts/tv/features/41525/

That said after reading the second page of this interview Gervais is still a cunt
http://nymag.com/arts/tv/features/41525/

Which part? I think he made a lot of sense in that interview. At least he's being honest.... I just got the impression he was having a subtle go at the British media.

The thing about Gervais is, he's not as funny as he's made out to be. But he is funny. He's no Morecambe and Wise though. But, then again, he's not in the same demographic...heh heh heh.

Best bit of the Xmas Special was when they were judging how famous they were. And the black one who lost her son generates a bit of pathos and then they all burst into Tragedy. And the final shot of the scene is her joining in. Classic.

I thought his anti-media/reality TV rant was pretty good. And he was slightly slagging off his public persona.

Anyone remember his Interview show? Car wreck TV.

Which part? I think he made a lot of sense in that interview. At least he's being honest....

The second page with his tennis analogy, there's a lot of great writers out there and anyone who saw him struggling to fill 3 minutes at that Diana concert thing knows he's hardly the most quick fire comedian around.

Andy Millman = David Brent. I can't separate the 2 in my mind. They're exactly the same character. Gervais really shouldn't have played that role himself given how typecast hes become.

In saying that, I liked it. I loved the Office but wasn't a fan of Extras at all. But this impressed me. Even moreso cos they managed to get Sufjan Stevens music into it, twice.

Andy Millman = David Brent. I can't separate the 2 in my mind. They're exactly the same character. Gervais really shouldn't have played that role himself given how typecast hes become.

I don't think that's true at all. Millman is a lot more self-aware than Brent. I think they are totally different.

If you associate him only with the role of Brent then that is probably your fault rather than Gervais. Not trying to be smart!

If you've typecast him after only one acting role then that is like punishment for being too good! He only did 13 episodes as Brent. He's hardly the bloke who has been playing Ken Barlow on Coronation Street for his entire life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back