Enjoy ATP (1 Viewer)

Mormon Nailer said:
Mabey that's setting the bar a bit high even for a grumpy bollix like me.

I suppose I cut cut and past the reviews of Tweeze and Spiderland that were printed when they were first released - because the reunius were universally shit.

Not quite true. I remember reading a review in Melody Maker of Spidland which said it was the greatest thing ever. Masterpiece. Will influence shitloads of bands in years to come. Etc. etc. It finished by saying something like "go and see Slint now, or else in 10 years time you'll lie like the cocksucker you are and say you did anyway".

It was written by Steve Albini though ....

hugh said:
Not quite true. I remember reading a review in Melody Maker of Spidland which said it was the greatest thing ever. Masterpiece. Will influence shitloads of bands in years to come. Etc. etc. It finished by saying something like "go and see Slint now, or else in 10 years time you'll lie like the cocksucker you are and say you did anyway".

think mormon was talking about the reunions, but i might be wrong...

hugh said:

This one?

We are in a time of midgets: dance music, three varieties of simple-minded hard rock genre crap, soulless-crooning, infantile slogan-studded rap and ball-less balladeering. My instincts tell me the dry spell will continue for a while- possibly until the bands Slint will inspire reach maturity. Until then, play this record and kick yourself if you never got to see them live. In ten years, you'll lie like the cocksucker you are and say you did anyway.

Ten fucking stars.

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/2142/steve.html

This is tragical. Holger Czukay:

the bad news: just decided not to participate on the "all tomorrow's parties" festival in east sussex, england on december 4. no contract has yet arrived from the promoter and as all preparations need time - organizing technicians, tickets etc - the risk is becoming too high. in order to achieve good ticket prices for planes or trains one must book rather early, otherwise the costs can double and this is the state where we are now.
i beg all fans to forgive who wanted to see me there and i feel deeply sorry for my cancellation. also a pitty not being able to play together with omar and cedric from the mars volta (feeling really sad about it) - perhaps another time...
cheers and bye for now​

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back