(Emotional) Maturity? (4 Viewers)

So anyway - what would you do with all this freedom in the event of no kids, no committment?

What do you do now? Live in caravans and play the mandolin with a rose between your teeth? Walk the earth like what's-his-name in Kung Fu?

No - I would hazard that you think about what wine is the best, whether you would like new shelves just there in the corner, and discuss Jamie Oliver's latest recipe book while you play the latest Katie Mehlua record ever-so-softly in the background at dinner parties. Exciting, isn't it? It's oh so rock-and-roll.

And just think - in ten years time, after failing to commit to all that boring stuff, you'll still be doing all that still - except now you'll be 45! With a limp prick and a hernea! Exciting, isn't it? And as you sit there making your mealy-mouthed conversation with your "partner" of two months (in the parlance of the times), you'll wonder what the point of all of this is. And how nobody appreciates Katie Mehlua anymore. Pass the gravy, dear. Isn't this nice?

So non-breeders are vacuous, soulless losers who find their purpose in life in the Habitat catalogue, eh?

The bitterness of this post seems like a pretty convincing argument in favour of sterilisation to me.

And now, back to the hedonism...

*gazes out window, contemplates making a sandwich

Marry me, I think.

Fact: I went out with someone who had your username. It was a total disaster. First dude I ever kissed was actually called 'Cary'. Smooched him behind a tree in the back garden of my choir director's house. He was a total babe, and looked like Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode. He also looked eerily like the dude I went out with many years later called Corey.

Anyway, in response to Snaky's post, I think I see the point you're trying to make, Mike. I think my point, though, is that we don't all get the opportunity to commit in the way that's right for us. I think about the dudes I went out with years ago and know for a fact that I'd be a miserable wretch if I'd married any of them. Not that they were bad dudes (some of them were, but most were dandy fine), just totally wrong for me. If I'd settled down with any of them, it would have just been for the sake of doing so, and would have been a big mistake.

Fact: I went out with someone who had your username. It was a total disaster. First dude I ever kissed was actually called 'Cary'. Smooched him behind a tree in the back garden of my choir director's house. He was a total babe, and looked like Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode. He also looked eerily like the dude I went out with many years later called Corey.

*puts ring away, looks to the setting sun.*

*puts ring away, looks to the setting sun.*

It's cool, dude. I don't have what the norms call 'good sense', so I say we hock that ring and go spend the money playing skee ball in some shitty beach arcade and then eat ice cream sundaes until we feel ill and then drive until we run out of gas and see where we've ended up.

Ah, I miss doing shit like that.

bearer of one of the sexxxiest voices i've ever heard.

yum.

DUDE, I agree, except that this:
bruceNewsImage_alt.jpg

is the hotttttest human being ever to walk the planet. Never has there been, nor will there be anyone hotter. His voice causes me to go so melty, I'm not sure I will ever recover.

I like going to sleep at night now because I've been having Bruce dreams and they are nice.

Anyway, in response to Snaky's post, I think I see the point you're trying to make, Mike. I think my point, though, is that we don't all get the opportunity to commit in the way that's right for us. I think about the dudes I went out with years ago and know for a fact that I'd be a miserable wretch if I'd married any of them. Not that they were bad dudes (some of them were, but most were dandy fine), just totally wrong for me. If I'd settled down with any of them, it would have just been for the sake of doing so, and would have been a big mistake.

ah yeah yer dead right

So anyway Janey, I must introduce you to my single, male friend. He's only been in John of Gods once and he still has some of his hair!

So non-breeders are vacuous, soulless losers who find their purpose in life in the Habitat catalogue, eh?

The bitterness of this post seems like a pretty convincing argument in favour of sterilisation to me.

And now, back to the hedonism...

*gazes out window, contemplates making a sandwich

bitter, moi?

man, you girls are so gay. ooo, sexy voice this, nice lipstick that.

gawd.

see for us boys, it's what's said, not how it's said. like snaky there, great points mate. now if you can get a baby sitter we should go for jog and discuss the markets.

i fucking love being maoor. it's a-fucking-one

hi five everybody.

Anyone ever see that Tommy Tiernan sketch ... "My girlfriend's HOLDING ME BACK. All the things I could DO if she wasn't around" ... and then you split up with her and it's "my parents are HOLDING ME BACK" ... etc

ah yeah yer dead right

So anyway Janey, I must introduce you to my single, male friend. He's only been in John of Gods once and he still has some of his hair!

That sounds great, Mike.

As long as you make it clear to the guy that I'm saving myself for Bruce. Someday, dude. Someday he'll realise his grave error and it'll be all, "LOB IT INTO ME, BOSS."

Sorry.

Oh, Christ.

I'm so, so, so sorry.

Please pray for my soul.

And his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back