Elliott Smith Interviews?? (1 Viewer)

phil.b

Website
www.thepostroom.com
Hi

anybody know where i could find some audio (mp3) interviews with elliott smith, or alternatively does anybody have any that they wouldn't mind sharing? . Doing an audio documentary for college and can't find anything after many hours of searching....

many thanks

Phil

phil.b said:
Hi

anybody know where i could find some audio (mp3) interviews with elliott smith, or alternatively does anybody have any that they wouldn't mind sharing? . Doing an audio documentary for college and can't find anything after many hours of searching....

many thanks

Phil

i dont think he does interviews anymore...

phil.b said:
Hi

many thanks

Phil

there's a fansite called sweetadeline.net, run by a guy called charlie i think, which is well comprehensive, and even if it doesnt have links to audio interviews im sure that dude can point you in the right direction,like.

yea check out sweetadeline.net. post that question on the message board and you will be put in the right direction. there may even be another thread by soneone else asking that question so just have a look around.

i have one... elliott smith interviews are usually not that good but you might find some good soundbytes. Usually either he is not up for it at all, or the interviewer is retarded and asks comical questions. The one from Morning Becomes Eclectic is really strange. Probably the worst interview I've ever heard though it does end up being quite comical. There was a thread on sweetaddy.com with a load of media links to different things, but I cannot find it right now... which is annoying.

I was looking for the same thread myself and couldnt find it... He wasn't the best interviewee, i have this terrible dutch interview where the dj is an absoloute gobshite, aside from that still had no luck... where did you find your interview? was it on soulseek by chance? as that interview is around on it but the people who have it never seem to be online...

phil.b said:
I was looking for the same thread myself and couldnt find it... He wasn't the best interviewee, i have this terrible dutch interview where the dj is an absoloute gobshite, aside from that still had no luck... where did you find your interview? was it on soulseek by chance? as that interview is around on it but the people who have it never seem to be online...

yeh that dutch one was absolutely abysmal. The one I have is from a gig he did in Tempe Arizona in 1997 I think... its pretty bad quality but you can make out what is said. I think someone put it up on sweetaddy a while back. I just realised that its incomplete though. I have a transcription of it too... somewhere!

Attachments

• interview transcript.txt
    16 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back