Electric Picnic Ticket for Sale 40 Euro (1 Viewer)

Avery

Electric Picnic Ticket for sale..40 euro only (normal price E60..E5 booking fee)..contact 0871267816 first offer secures.can meet in city centre to exchange.

i also have a ticket i am willing to part with.. money or booze or a decent sob story.. even if you just give me some rep points - take it!!!

weeler said:
i also have a ticket i am willing to part with.. money or booze or a decent sob story.. even if you just give me some rep points - take it!!!

I'm pretty broke but really wanna go, any lower offers than 40?

or is that pushing it?

Wavioli said:
yes they certainly did. anything else I saw was pretty lame though. I did only get there at 6 :(
I decided on friday to go and wasn't bothered about going before that. Our bus took a some odd route that was like a rollercoaster. The weather was great. the music was mostly shite except for maybe 2 acts. Having to wait 30+ mins in a crush at too-small and understaffed bars is a different was pain in the tits. The food + booze was expensive although there was a good variety. THe bar seemed to shut around 10 so lots of people didn't bother boozing - apart from the booze they brought with them - because the queues were so annoying. One friend (preganant and hungry) spent 10 euro for a small scoop of pasta with tomato sauce (not ketchup), nasty coleslaw and a small piece of foccacia. I remember seeing one on the whole site bin so the place was a mess.

Also getting home was a complete, chaotic joke. No apparent coordination, bus drivers sending people on wild-goose chases, the (poor) bus eireann guy hadn't a clue what was going on (we found him hiding nearly in the ditch behind one of the buses). It eventually got to the stage where a big group found an empty bus and some enterprising person opened the door and we all bailed in. Sat there in the dark calming down after the madness and waited for a driver to arrive (who almost got a standing ovation)

If it hadn't been so sunny and nice and I wasn't down with a group of people that can have fun hanging out (away from the music) i would say it was utter shite, but I did have lots of fun external to the music.

oh and there was a crash with a bus and a car and a man died. This was a rumour going around but I heard it on the news. :(:(

here are some pics: http://homepage.eircom.net/~lowimpakt/4th/

thegoone said:
did you see J5
they were a1
andy reid david james sven israel = legends
I liked j5 and was fairly into the super furry animals set (don't own a single track by them and have never seen them live before).

meh's all round,

is there a 'meh' avatar

broken arm said:
I liked j5 and was fairly into the super furry animals set (don't own a single track by them and have never seen them live before).

meh's all round,

is there a 'meh' avatar
But how?? I thought they played at the same time, or do you have the power of astral projection? they were the only 2 that I was remotely interested in seeing, so i was pissed off that they were clashing. werent they? :eek:

Wavioli said:
But how?? I thought they played at the same time, or do you have the power of astral projection? they were the only 2 that I was remotely interested in seeing, so i was pissed off that they were clashing. werent they? :eek:
note the 'meh'. i didn't stay for either full set.

Wavioli said:
luckily when we got back to dublin sometime after 3 we went to one of the 'after-hours' drinking establishments and had numerous delicious pints of guinness .

:D

I thought this was supposed to be quite a civilised "day out" for 30 somethings and people who don't like to "rough it". I've never witnessed such a drugs fest in my life...Everyone I met was practically foaming at the mouth..."Got any drugs?" People I didn't even know took drugs!....It was very very messy...music was shite, but....
best thing I've been to in a long long time...the atmosphere was great..friendly vibes..I actually met people for a change...

broken arm said:
luckily when we got back to dublin sometime after 3 we went to one of the 'after-hours' drinking establishments and had numerous delicious pints of guinness .

:D
Hey where are these places? Please I'd like actual specifics .....

nokia said:
I've never witnessed such a drugs fest in my life...Everyone I met was practically foaming at the mouth..."QUOTE]
Ha ha ha... monnnng, classy irish people think they're classy when they're on the drugs cos they're not fallin round barkin like drunks, they are however foaming at the bit and staring around like they don't know who's in charge of the brain department.

nokia said:
I thought this was supposed to be quite a civilised "day out" for 30 somethings and people who don't like to "rough it". I've never witnessed such a drugs fest in my life...Everyone I met was practically foaming at the mouth..."Got any drugs?" People I didn't even know took drugs!....It was very very messy...music was shite, but....
best thing I've been to in a long long time...the atmosphere was great..friendly vibes..I actually met people for a change...
I'm glad that somebody else noticed that and it wasn't just me! everybody was walking around selling tablets!.....it was just surreal how much drugs there were...also didn't really enjoy the 2 1/2 mile hike to the dublin buses afterwards..

talkinglama said:
I'm glad that somebody else noticed that and it wasn't just me! everybody was walking around selling tablets!.....it was just surreal how much drugs there were...also didn't really enjoy the 2 1/2 mile hike to the dublin buses afterwards..
weird because I didn't notice that. I did see some 'mad-out-of-it' people early on in the day. I must have blocked it out.

does anyone know who this guy is ????

broken arm said:
weird because I didn't notice that. I did see some 'mad-out-of-it' people early on in the day. I must have blocked it out.

does anyone know who this guy is ????
Think it's Serge Gainsbourg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back