Electric Picnic 2011 Lineup (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 148
  • Views 20K
  • Watchers 5
Jim Carroll prefers The Saturdays to the Manics. Fair enough if you don't like the Manics, but saying you like manufactured pop over them is just silly.

Jim Carroll prefers The Saturdays to the Manics. Fair enough if you don't like the Manics, but saying you like manufactured pop over them is just silly.

The Manics 1990-1994 were basically a pop band manufactured by Richey and Nicky with hired songwriters and sessionmen James and Sean.

Or as the Holy Bible put it

Richey James: Design, guitar.

To be fair though, the Saturdays are a pretty poor facsimile of Girls Aloud so Mr. Carroll is indeed being ridiculous.

The Manics 1990-1994 were basically a pop band manufactured by Richey and Nicky with hired songwriters and sessionmen James and Sean.

Or as the Holy Bible put it

Richey James: Design, guitar.

Haha, I suppose that's one way of putting it!

To be fair though, the Saturdays are a pretty poor facsimile of Girls Aloud so Mr. Carroll is indeed being ridiculous.

At least Girls Aloud have good tunes.

OTR commenters scare me, they're like those obsessive fans who go early to big gigs and cling to the front row bar for 5 hours.
Originally Posted by Some idiot http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ont...ill-and-other-festival-updates/#comment-52171
http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/onth...#comment-52171

You are assuming that fans have the wonga to go to both events. I find it quite galling & vulgar that they’ve announced a headline show, got punters hard earned for that and are announced at the festivals after the fact. I’m sure there would be a large percentage of their fanbase who might only be able to afford one or the other. SImilarly if they had the option, would prefer to see them at the festival and leave it at that.

Yeah, I typed up a reply to this lad but then realised it was a fairly pointless waste of time. Simmering with rage because the Manics have the temerity to play TWO shows in Ireland within a few months of each other.

OTR is indeed an odd place for discussions. Jim can come across as a really sound chap in his articles but the discussions are basically: agree with his points OR make some points that he agrees with OR prepare to be ridiculed by himself and the usual suspects who post there.

I do like his Randomiser weekly thing he does, mind you.

They're.... ok. Not much better than, say, Girls Can't Catch were. I mean it's good enough pop music but it's pretty derivative and genre-y. Up is still the only song by them that really grabs me.

I do think Girls Aloud were and are a step above.

Jim Carroll acts like a big baby on that blog and most of the commenters are boring blowhards who just massage his hoop.

FESTIVAL REPUBLIC & POD presents

ELECTRIC PICNIC MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL
STRADBALLY HALL, CO. LAOIS
2nd, 3rd, 4th September 2011

BODY&SOUL VILLAGE @ ELECTRIC PICNIC 2011
The creative team at Body&Soul bring back their unique, magical touch to Electric Picnic this year with fresh strings of inspiration added to their bow.
Often described as the colourful “heartbeat” of Electric Picnic, The Body&Soul Village is dotted with curious, colourful corners bolstered by rare, outlandish and cutting-edge art and performances by a long list of Body&Soulesque artists and contributors. Look out for the likes of The Jimmy Rig Slip Jig, Those Fire Guys and Mrs. Mountiebonk and her Bandwagon of Charlatans to name but a few.

The Zen Gardens and Earth Spirit are staple realms at Body&Soul: Look out for Boundless Bathing Hot Tubs, Herbis, Hortisculpture, Shamanic Healing, Indian Head Massage, Workshops, Warm Chai and Laughter Yoga across the cocooned, ethereal expanse of The Village landscape.

Added to the permanent fixture - Body&Soul Main Stage, The Peace Pagoda and Burning Man artist Shrine’s Love Letter Stage, is Christy Collards new “Earth Ship” Stage brought to you by ERP. Inspired by the New Mexico self-sustainable desert dwellings of the same name, the stage is built from environmentally friendly, found and recycled materials and clad in electrical waste.

A host of Body&Soul Nooks and Crannies are stitched in to the Body&Soul Village as small programmed venues not to miss - serving up culinary delights along with surprise acts and performances. Among these include: Natasha’s Living Food Emporium, The Sushi Yurt, Tiny Tea Tent, Coyote Moon and the effervescent Hurly Burly Crew.

MUSIC
Revellers can expect the same attention to homegrown talent on the musical line up with a long list of up-and-coming Irish and international perfomers carefully added to the bill along with a healthy mix of long established folk and electronica.

Canadian 3-piece AUSTRA lead by the singing talents of Katie Stelmanis bring a mix of contemporary electronica & dance beats but with an in-depth arrangement and peerless vocals; the beguiling JAMES VINCENT MC MORROW joins us on the Body&Soul Main Stage in the wake of his debut album release ‘Early in the Morning’ last year; London electronic artist REDINHO will play his first set with Body&Soul while the Berlin 3-piece BRANDT BRAUER FRICK who blew the crowd away earlier this Summer at the Body&Soul Festival in Ballinlough, will no doubt will repeat the trick to the late revellers on Sunday night.

Body&Soul is delighted to welcome JOHN TALABOT, the mysterious Barcelona DJ/producer whose slow-moving and ebullient house has been turning a lot of heads of late.Hailing from the Dublin Indie scene, the entirely individual TIERANNIESAUR are on the bill to bring some singular energy to Body&Soul; Australia-based banjo playerC.W STONEKING brings some blues and roots flavour to the Line Up while The Mercury Award nominated Coventry born MC, GHOSTPOET who makes his EP debut this September. Discovered by Aphex Twin and The Chemical Brothers 30 years after the release of his first tracks, the legendary French Producer BLACK DEVIL DISCO CLUB is set to ignite the stage in Stradbally.

From the Irish contingent we are delighted to welcome:
THE BARLEY MOB, THE GORGEOUS COLOURS, GREW, HALVES
PATRICK KELLEHER AND HIS COLD DEAD HANDS, SOLAR BEARS, DONAL DINEEN, THE DYING SECONDS, JAMES WALSH, SPILLY WALKER, SI SCHROEDER, KATIE KIM, ROCKETNUMBERNINE , PADDY KEENAN
JON HICKS, MOTHS, HENRIETTA GAME, GOODTIME, DISCONAUTS
TORANN DRUMMERS, ANGKOR WAT, BEAR BONES, BOY LIGHTS FIRE, DEVIANT, EARTHSHIP, ELEVENTY FOUR, FREEZER ROOM
GREAT LAKES MYSTERY, JOHN TALABOT, LASER TOM AND THE BLAST CREW, LOW SEA, MAGIC POCKETS, M*O*O*N, NIGHTFLIGHT DJs, CATSCARS
MOTHS, PAUL MELIA, RAW CHOCOLATE, TIN CHARM, TOBY KAAR, VISIONAIR, YOU CAN CALL ME FRANCES, REDINHO and ROLLERS SPARKERS.

Across the weekend BODY&SOUL LIVE will once again be bringing you live streaming, podcasts and a host of interviews and commentary.
For more information please check out www.bodyandsoul.ie

Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook so you don’t miss a single thing this year. http://twitter.com/electricpicnic & http://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic
Further information: www.electricpicnic.ie

stupid question maybe but whats the price difference between buying a ticket on the ticketmaster website vs going to a ticketmaster outlet? do you still pay the full handling charge or is it different/less?

am thinking the additonal charges'd be fairly whopping on a 240 euro ticket.

I always buy in outlets, never bought a ticket online. They do add a lot of handling fees on ion the shop, but as far as I'm aware it works out more or less the same.
Paid a fiver handling fee for my Bon Iver tickets earlier in the year, there. Paid the same for some Academy gig there a few months back too. I don't think it's a percentage, just a flat rate - as far as I can tell at least.

cheers deadly. I'm gonna go the outlet route. I know its a fist on the website. Chances are it mightn't be as much of a fist buying in person. Its a no-brainer. I just have to get my hole to a ticketmaster outlet.

Seems they've sold fuck all tickets for this. Not great for the festival wanting to make a bit of money on it, but deadly for anyone going if its not crowded. Can't wait for this now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back