Electric Picnic 2011 Lineup (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 148
  • Views 20K
  • Watchers 5
here, sitting in my room, with The Replacements and Husker Du, like a rebel without a clue
and the Beatles and the Stones get to hang out with Ramones
and the Pistols shunning fame, as they sing the old refrain
as they always will again, like 29 x the pain

I see Starz, and the moon is Big and Black, well there's a full Sheer Heart Attack
a-but the cheapest trick of all is when I hear that London call
I need something and I need it fast, I need Jason Scorching past
I need to feel they feel the same, 'cos when they almost know my name it's like 29 x the pain

times the pain
29 x the pain, times the rain
29 x the pain, times the pain
times the pain, but it all ends up the same

kiss my heart, like The Damned did from the start
c'mon make me feel like me, S.L.F. or B.O.C.
give me old, give me new, lend me know you feel it too
'cos the sounds that twist and curl, it's a brave new world

I'm up, how can I get down, when I got all my friends around
and I can be there once again, So where ya hiding Richey James?
just like 29 x the pain

times the pain
times the pain (and all the gaps and all the pain)
times the pain (tomorrow always cries my name)
times the pain - it makes it all worthwhile again

haha, you like the Manics.

I only like bands name-checked by other bands in their songs.
So Death From Above, Daft Punk, Lloyd Cole and every band mentioned in Losing My Edge.

Joy Division?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OTR commenters scare me, they're like those obsessive fans who go early to big gigs and cling to the front row bar for 5 hours.

Some idiot said:
http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2011/04/20/new-additions-to-electric-picnic-bill-and-other-festival-updates/#comment-52171

You are assuming that fans have the wonga to go to both events. I find it quite galling & vulgar that they’ve announced a headline show, got punters hard earned for that and are announced at the festivals after the fact. I’m sure there would be a large percentage of their fanbase who might only be able to afford one or the other. SImilarly if they had the option, would prefer to see them at the festival and leave it at that.

Speaking of which, Jim Carroll responds to me and 7 (sort of)

personal taste has always dominated this blog. If you want music writing which praises and raves about everything because “theres something there for everyone”, you’ll really have to go elsewhere, I’m afraid. And it would be great if you could take Glasvegas (new album is unlistenable muck), the Manic Street Preachers (who haven’t made a decent record since they became a 3 piece) and Pete(r) Doherty with you

SO THERE

OTR commenters scare me, they're like those obsessive fans who go early to big gigs and cling to the front row bar for 5 hours.
I was in Reading once and Elliot Smith (or possible Grandaddy) was playing before someone very shit (Cast or Menswear or something). There were a pile a girls at the barrier. I struck up a conversation with one of them and discovered she hadn't a fucking clue who Elliot Smith was and was saving her spot on the barrier for the band 2 hours hence.

Odd.

How is that odd (aside from the band's being shit)?

Fandom is fandom is fandom. You're gonna get people like that for all bands, go see a Spencer Krug band sometime and experience that all over the shop.

does that mean Jim doesn't rate Everything Must Go or does he mean from Truth onwards because Richey had a bit of input into EMG. I should go ask him.

I clung to the barrier at Reading through the Fun Lovin' Criminals in 2001 before the Manics headlined. Then loads of walked off when FLC were finished meaning I didn't need to put myself through that :(

I'd say getting to the tent before the preceding band finishes to have a good spot for the band you want to see is fandom.
Getting there 3 of 4 bands early...is odd.

Rule of thumb with big concerts: there'll always be a tall cunt in front of you. Chill at the back and enjoy the music, it'll all be up on youtube a few days later if you're really desperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back