Earning shedloads of cash (1 Viewer)

Bellatrix

To what extent is this a factor in your proposed or current career path?

Does the spectre of a life spent worrying about the price of lattes ever make you consider doing a law conversion course and being done with it t'fuck?

If I had realised how important money can be earlier on I might have made some different choices. But then my career path has been determined mostly by avoiding things I hate rather than doing things I like which, in retrospect, might have been a mistake

i opted for the path i thought might bring me a reasonable income and at the same time be mostly stress free and have decent enough holidays and conditions if i'm lucky.

(the dream has yet to become reality and i'm working two poxy part time jobs for a few pennies more than minimum wage)

when choosing my college course, it was about what i wanted to do. Since leaving its kind of 50-50. I wouldnt do something I hate for loads of money, but I wouldnt work a job i loved for shit money!

this is me circa today

loadsamoney.jpg

Lots of people who earn that now who have badly overextended themselves on huge mortages and have very very little disposale income

Let's say they haven't done that and are in their late twenties faffing about with the prospect of outlandish salary bumps every year.

Is it worth working crazy hours for?

Is it worth doing soulless corporate shit for?

when i was 22 i was working in a job i hated but was on a starting salary of 30,000 a year which was deadly...i did it for a year and left..i just couldn't work in a job that was so soul destroying and i was working so many hours i didnt have time to enjoy the money i was earning..

Let's say they haven't done that and are in their late twenties faffing about with the prospect of outlandish salary bumps every year.

Is it worth working crazy hours for?

Is it worth doing soulless corporate shit for?

I guess the problem is if you jump off the merry go round are you off for good. What happens a few years down the line when you need to provide for a family. Can you do that if you follow the dream and become a yak farmer now?

Lesson Number One

mortgage

in french*

mort = death
gage = pledge

*i'm sure there is grammar issues

I guess the problem is if you jump off the merry go round are you off for good. What happens a few years down the line when you need to provide for a family. Can you do that if you follow the dream and become a yak farmer now?

Well, exactly.

Should you spend your twenties working 12 hour days in the City, then go into semi-retirement at aged thirty, buy a house and some yaks and devote your time to saving the world via renewable energy and pilates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back