Early/late (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Wouldn't it be great if gigs were early in the evening? Like if I could go straight from here to the Mound/MDR gig tonight, and not have to go home and get sleepier and sleepier for 3.5 hours before leaving the house?

Gig at 7, finished at half 9, then a dj until last bus time, in bed by midnight. That'd be class.

Yes, it would. I miss so many gigs these days because I go home from work, do some study and end up too head-wrecked to do anything other than go to bed.

Or maybe I'm just getting old like you egg_

Well, loads of places demand you get-the-fuck-off-the-stage by 10.30, which means if there was 3 bands with decent length sets they'd have to start at about 7.
I'd rather have gigs going on till 2am.

Actually, I'd rather have both.

Well, loads of places demand you get-the-fuck-off-the-stage by 10.30, which means if there was 3 bands with decent length sets they'd have to start at about 7.

All bands do two sets = winner all round.

wouldn't it be great if the bands played a little quieter too, so you could make out what the singer was singing and people just clapped in a polite gentile manner and at the end of the performance the barman served a nice warming mug of Horlicks.... :)

and several days later, I realise that this is in the Parenting forum.
Disregard my post thx.

From a playing perspective, I did a gig last Saturday afternoon at 1pm-1.30pm in Tower. I was home with all the gear put away by 2.30pm and spent the rest of the day playing football in the park and had a nice pint of Guinness before going home to spend the night with the little dude, watching a movie and eating pizza.

It was the best Saturdays ever!

if only Seomra Spraoi was still rockin the afternoon gigs every month...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back