Early houses (1 Viewer)

Shine

I went to my first ever on saturday morning... hang on that's a lie. Not first but - eh anyway.. Fucking mad places. Or is that all in the mind? Experiences anyone? I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

Know what's better than early houses? Sleep, that's what.

The bar in Heuston station is technically an early house, you have to buy a train ticket to get served though (one-way to maynooth's probably the cheapest, also an appropriately hellish destination)
I got drunk in the bar in Faranfore airport before a flight back to Dublin one morning too. Heavy storm and I was in the back row on a rickety old aer arann turpoprop. Amazingly terrifying flight.

Ànyone remember the Early house article in the Slate?

Early house etiquette:

2. Don't be the first to start dancing. There will always be some clueless West Brit who can take on this role intead.

Seems like the appropriate qoute.

ICUH8N said:
The bar in Heuston station is technically an early house, you have to buy a train ticket to get served though (one-way to maynooth's probably the cheapest, also an appropriately hellish destination)

Maynooth services are run from Connolly station.

I believe that the cheapest ticket for drinking in Heuston bar is a single to Hazelhatch.

or cherry orchard?

nlgbbbblth said:
Maynooth services are run from Connolly station.

I believe that the cheapest ticket for drinking in Heuston bar is a single to Hazelhatch.

This is a booze thread, not a train thread.

I was never in an early house. Surely it makes more sense to drink till noon in one's own home, cheaply and safely.

seanc said:
This is a booze thread, not a train thread.

I was never in an early house. Surely it makes more sense to drink till noon in one's own home, cheaply and safely.

early houses are safe.

when you're that mad out of it that you think an early house is a good idea nothing can kill you.

broken arm said:
early houses are safe.

when you're that mad out of it that you think an early house is a good idea nothing can kill you.

I've heard a truer word said.

Most of my early house experiences were in New York. Fond memories of waking up on a train surrounded by black people in suits and not having a clue where I was, thinking fuck it I'm off back to sleep.

first place i ever lived out of home was king's cross, sydney, the red light district, aged 18, with a wad of savings and about 100 24-hour clubs all around. good times at 9am.

kirstie said:
or cherry orchard?

Hmmm

I was thinking of Good Friday drinking as opposed to just early morning stuff. Some people go to Heuston to drink.
No arrow service runs on that day (which would stop at Cherry Orchard) so the first station any suburban / inter-city train calls at is Hazelhatch.

i only ever went early house drinking once to round off a night out and it was to neds on townsend st on a thursday morning i believe. it was a pleasant enough spot as i recall - a bit like a quiet old man pub except that it was 8am or something. i had earlier been to the chancery however upon being refused service and asked to get out i took my entourage to neds. chancery seemed a bit scummy anyway. i left neds in time for a quick coffee before work at 10.

wan time years ago me and dudley and some other mates got raw potatoes thrown at us as we came out of neds where we had been buying beer en route to some party.

Miss Piggy said:
i only ever went early house drinking once to round off a night out and it was to neds on townsend st on a thursday morning i believe. it was a pleasant enough spot as i recall - a bit like a quiet old man pub except that it was 8am or something. i had earlier been to the chancery however upon being refused service and asked to get out i took my entourage to neds. chancery seemed a bit scummy anyway. i left neds in time for a quick coffee before work at 10.

the amount of leching at pretty girls that goes on is pretty comical...i kept falling asleep in one i used to go to, used to really piss off my friends.i avoid them now. if im stuck for booze theres always a friendly spar somewhere open at or around that hour.
used to live in edinburgh above one called the old salt. the barmaid was the biggest bapdog ive ever seen. there were these comical old postmen that would sit in the corner sipping their whiskeys after their rounds looking disdainfully at the young uns, "student are ya?"

Dutchy said:
i still have whitehorse nightmares, blood and yokes everywhere.

Disgusting place. On a come down coming out of this kip at 1 in the afternoon feelng like public enemy number one with a jaw line more defined than a marvel comic. The paranoia then kicks in when everyone is going about there everyday business of shopping and ahhh. never again

early houses are like pubs 'through the looking glass'. always full of demented people and postmen.

Padraics in galway is pretty good. dancing about the gaff with disgruntled fishermen.

last time i went down to Heuston for a few early ones they didn't ask for a train ticket.

Hey Aiden, you ever in the Penny Black in Edinburgh? right shithole.

Early houses always seem like a great idea after an all-nighter

but they're usualy a very bad idea

Scanlans is a nice spot though and theyre very nice as they kick you out

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back