Dublins (or your citys) Most Infuriating Streets (1 Viewer)

Dame st. is brutal, with that new pile of shite in front of Dublin Castle...and the high eejit population of (generally shit)show go-ers at the Olympia and central bank a.d.d. kids poodling about.
Generally if I have to wait for a bus on any given street too long, I grow to hate it - D'olier st. is a miserable wind tunnel.
sth great goreous st. isn't so bad :)

Oh yeah Pearse st. Trinity owes the city a big apology for doing nothing over on that end of it's grounds for years and years.

Except when in Dublin

you don't say CORset, then?

one more vote for nassau street - it's horrible to cycle on too because of all the buses, taxis, kamikaze pedestrians, and a reluctance to indicate. also, crawling with tourists, and therefore a terrible place to work near.

grafton street definitely smells the worst, but at least it has no cars and no chuggers.

i think i really hate o'connell street, though. the traffic's awful, it smells like fast food, there's not enough bike racks, the refurbishment has so far been spectacularly shitty and cosmetic, and because you can't really separate it from the equally soulless and smelly westmoreland street, there's often a few aborted foetus photos lurking around to seal the deal.

I would question South Leinster Street's credentials as being a street. Its a small lump of road with nothing but a couple of coffee shops and a back entrance to trinity on it, as far as I can make out (oh, and the corner of Kennedy's)

Its main claim to fame is that it was bombed in 1974 along with Parnell Street and Talbot Street.

Camden St - glass everywhere. Fucking headwrecking if you're a cyclist or wearing sandals or other forms of open-toed shoe. Also the presence of Flannerys with its massive queues of massive culchies.

It has its good points too but the glass thing has given me cause for moaning at least once already today.

Port Rd in Letterkenny is the most infuriating street although its not a city by any means.

This bugs me to an unheathy degree....and I've probably mentioned it before...

The phoenix statue in the Phoenix park

Phoenix in this case is an anglicisation of 'Fionn- Uisce' meaning Fair /{Pure water

nothing to do with mythical birds

god , how i hate it

fucking statue

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back