dublin's (or your city's) most bestest streets (1 Viewer)

carbide

the other thread's posi sibling.

capel street! best and most entertaining set of shops, from TOOLZ to INFERNO to BERLIN to SOFA'S & SOFA'S, and the charity shops are good too. one-way. delivery vans are a bit of an issue but pedestrians aren't numerous or self-important enough to need to step out in front of you all the time, network of interesting streets off it, and it all flows down to parliament street which is pretty and great in itself.

stay gold, capel street.

I love that little network of streets behind grafton st. You know the ones off wicklow st, near where Road Records is and that. Its never that busy up there and there are some cool shops and pubs and restaurants and shit. They should pedestrianise the fuck out of it though.

I love that little network of streets behind grafton st. You know the ones off wicklow st, near where Road Records is and that. Its never that busy up there and there are some cool shops and pubs and restaurants and shit. They should pedestrianise the fuck out of it though.
I and people I know call that "the GQ area". Tis very trendy altogether. It is nice though.

My favourite street is Camden st. Loads of deadly handy shops, quality butchers, fruit and veg stalls, mad foreign shops where you can buy crazy lookin shit. And a pet shop. And the Palace (upstairs).
It actually has everything you’d ever need but is often cheaper, and always more interesting than going to Dunnes/Tesco’s etc etc. And it has a cool labyrinth of side streets and back alleys too.

I also think Ranalagh is deadly, if that’s a street.

Letterkenny Main St's not bad although its not a city by any means.

i likey that area too

I’d like to know if there’s any decent streets in Limerick or Belfast. Both those places have seemed like shitholes to me.

the other thread's posi sibling.

capel street! best and most entertaining set of shops, from TOOLZ to INFERNO to BERLIN to SOFA'S & SOFA'S, and the charity shops are good too. one-way. delivery vans are a bit of an issue but pedestrians aren't numerous or self-important enough to need to step out in front of you all the time, network of interesting streets off it, and it all flows down to parliament street which is pretty and great in itself.

stay gold, capel street.

Seconded.

Check out the workwear shop for an ace selection of shirts for chipper employees. And lab coats.

I’d like to know if there’s any decent streets in Limerick or Belfast. Both those places have seemed like shitholes to me.

the dock road in limerick is kinda cool. the problem with limerick streets is that they're all far too long. does the black spot still exist? that little stretch of street was grand then.

i also like camden st in dublin although theres always aggressive drunks sitting on all the steps and its a bit ropey after dark. dunno if it'd be my favorite though. its like dorset street except not shit

dorest street it wonderfully shit though, like really really fantastically awful

it's awesome that it's one of the first things that greets visitors as they make their way from the airport

welcom to dublin, it's fairly fucking grim

Seconded.

Check out the workwear shop for an ace selection of shirts for chipper employees. And lab coats.

Capel Street is alwys my frist destination because of all the charity shope- you never know what magical junk you might find

Also a vast choice of hardware shops

COuple of adult fun shops

what more do you need in a street

I love Capel St, Camden St, Thomas St and even Dorset St, despite it being too long.

They all say 'Dub-i-lin ' to me, in a Ronnie Drew voice.

They're going to wreck Thomas St soon though, the bastards. Soon the whole city centre will be shitty looking apartments, Spars and creches.

Fitzwilliam st. is nice to look at. I like the way it's all fancy besuited business types in big grandiose offices by day, but all elderly skanky prostitutes by night.

the dock road in limerick is kinda cool. the problem with limerick streets is that they're all far too long. does the black spot still exist? that little stretch of street was grand then.

Black Spot is gone unfortunately. There's a cool Chinese hairdressers across the road though where you can get a deadly haircut for €15! Bargainous!

Hmm, good streets in Limerick. Lemme see... I suppose Cruises Street has a nice buzz on a sunny day like this. Good shops of note are HMV, Hickeys for your yarn and Game for your games. It's seething with chuggers though!

We have two chippers, three hair dressers, two shoe shop, three pubs, a catheral and a burnt down hotel on Enniscorthys main street.

Eniscorthy basically just is hair dressers, chippers and pubs.

I used to really like coming through that run in from Enniskerry, on the Enniskerry Road, past Kilternan, through The Scalp.

It was a smooth, slighltly downhill run, really fast, few enough cars, decent surface, nice buzz about that area. I could spin along doing 25mph, and still be warming down, and I knew that I was almost home.

I nearly killed a horse there, cause I came past it fast and silently (I was way out on the far side of the other side of the road though) and it went fucking apeshit, it ended up throwing the rider and smashing itself onto the road on its side. Stupid horse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back