Dublin Zoo protest tomorrow (3 Viewers)

Yeah I wonder that too. I know Dublin Zoo was a bad old place back in the old days but it seems to have improved a lot in recent times.

Report commissioned by the ISPCA says many of the animals in Dublin Zoo are bored, stressed, withdrawn and in urgent need of stimulation.
just like dublin humans, then. where's the beef?

Also, this was in 1995. Fourteen years ago

Yea, I don't think it's fair going back that far and I do believe Dublin Zoo has made lots of improvements over the years. I just thought there might be some people on here who are not into the idea of animals being kept in captivity for the purpose of entertaining humans and making profits.

5 prairie dogs were killed - some from eating rat poison and burrowing into the cheetahs enclosure.

that's pretty funny (the burrowing bit) - Ooopsies!!!

utah.prairie.dog2.jpg

Anyone remember the polar bears there about 12 years or so now I think. At the time I thought it was really cool that the polar bear would swim to a rock and back flop into the water repeating said movement for hours.....

Imagen how that childhood memory is tarred by relising that the poor thing had gone mad in my early teens.

But when I was in TY we went to a talk there and they showed us all about that kind of thing. They had chimp tea parties well into the seventies if I remember correctly. Was in the vid they showed us.

Theres photos of the zoo in the early sixties or even earlier lying around the house some where here. All concrete by the looks of things.

people need to get over this conservation buzz; the more species go extinct the more room there is for wacky new lifeforms. besides which, extinction is natural.

i'd imagine mortality rates in the zoo are a hell of a lot lower than in the wild.
do the protestors want all the animals immediately returned to their natural habitats?

i've heard - and this is only a rumour now - but i've heard that animals sometimes have quite a rough time of it in the wild, and sometimes even die. apparently, real life can be a bit trying. but that's not important, what's important is that animals are kind of cute and should therefore be protected from the kind of realities they've been surviving in since long before we came along. except for putting them in zoos, that's bad. wait...i've forgotten what my argument was..hang on til i check my pamphlets

I remember seeing a sew-on patch in a certain "punk house" declaring that keeping pets was effectively a war on animals

I think the cartoon kitten on it even had an AK47

imagine

I remember seeing a sew-on patch in a certain "punk house" declaring that keeping pets was effectively a war on animals

I think the cartoon kitten on it even had an AK47

imagine
ah now, wait now, don't be compromising my faith in the intelligence of punks...oh wait..i have none. ahaha. boom boom. and other indications of humourousness just performed.
that's especially good seeing as punk dog owners are the worst pet owners in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back