Dublin Paranormal Convention (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter 6th
  • Start date
  • Replies 98
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 5
Have you ever been transfixed with fear during one of your investigations?

No but then again I wouldnt be the type to go running out of a building screaming.

Will there be ouija boards or seances at this convention?

Nope, Ouija Boards arent very popular with paranormal folk but I dont have an issue with them. I got a cool glow-in-the-dark one before on ebay :D

I think you should get a black sabbath covers band to play.

Maybe next year?

A lot of it is but I've met so many genuine people who've had experiences that I believe there has to be something in it. There are so many people though that presume everything is a ghost etc.

"The simplest answer is usually the correct answer" is something thats used against people with an interest but the word "usually" is very important - usually is not always and its those times when all other explainations fall down that we're left with something to talk about.

A lot of it is but I've met so many genuine people who've had experiences that I believe there has to be something in it. There are so many people though that presume everything is a ghost etc.

"The simplest answer is usually the correct answer" is something thats used against people with an interest but the word "usually" is very important - usually is not always and its those times when all other explainations fall down that we're left with something to talk about.

So is there any reason for picking clontarf castle? Is there any paranormal myths associated with the place?

De bunk.

bunk.jpg

you sound pragmatic about it so I'm not going to stop Left Frizzel from attending.

wasn't it hume who came up with the notion that a miraculous claim should only be given credence if the denial of that claim required a bigger miracle?

So is there any reason for picking clontarf castle? Is there any paranormal myths associated with the place?

There is a rumour that theres a haunted room but most old hotels have that one. Basicallly the place looks great, is easy to get to and the Great Hall is the only spot big enough.

you sound pragmatic about it so I'm not going to stop Left Frizzel from attending.

You are very generous.

Yes - once in summer 2005.
Totally sober, having a cigarette in the back garden at about 11pm on a Friday night.
Saw a weird large yellow/orange light move across the sky. It then stopped and stayed stationary for about 5 minutes and then shot off at high speed at a 45 degree angle up and a smaller light shot downwards at a 45 degree angle.
I only noticed it because the way it moved across the sky was so smooth it was weird and caught my eye.
I know it stopped for about 5 minutes cos I had time to run into the house and try to find my camera, not find it, run out to check it was still there, remember where the camera was, run back in, get it, run out and take a couple of photos, which just look like a bigger star in the sky, even when zoomed in.

if it was there for about 5 minutes it seems likely that others saw it too - did you hear any other reports at the time?

if it was there for about 5 minutes it seems likely that others saw it too - did you hear any other reports at the time?

I searched around the web the next day but never saw anything. When it was stationary it just looked like a bigger star.

It was fairly shit. The stalls were just full of bored looking people trying to sell books about haunted Ireland etc;, or give psychic readings. No real buzz about the place at all. We went into a couple of the talks, and the guy bullshitting about the famous UFO footage captured by that Garda was entertaining enough. Didn't see the actual footage, but apparently it's too good to let people make fun of on the net. Or rather, he wants to keep making money at conventions with his exclusive footage. When the Remote Viewing guy started we left. A waste of €10 to be honest.

Angels totally exist.
100% proof:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smsyDEW-GLs"]YouTube - Photo Guardian Angel / ghost with my Nan! DO YOU SEE IT????[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back