Dublin Film Festival (1 Viewer)

I think the movie to see was last night's French movie Exterminating Angels in the Screen.
Two people have independently told me that it was more or less "an hour of 3 amazingly beautiful women masturbating directly into the camera. Followed by a half hour of a 3 girl finger bang fest"

DAMMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great. Were you at the Q&A? Any word on a release?

They didn't mention a release.
Dublin was just the second time it had been seen.

The Q&A was entertaining. Iannucci's a funny guy.
He was talking about this 'swearing consultant' he has - Ian Martin - that reviews the scripts and re-writes the curses and insults. Not a bad job, as they go.

Also: only the opening and closing films are 18€, not all the guest screenings like last year, which was like a shit joke. Still 10€ is a bit much, film festivals should be about shitloads of screenings everywhere for cheaper (no 10 ticket bundles etc are you serious?), not like this smug industry showcase blah blah blah

Big time, I've completely ignored it this year for that very reason. With such heavy sponsorship and a staff of volunteers why is it still so expensive?
Fuck it, i'm not subsidising anymore freebies for people.

Big time, I've completely ignored it this year for that very reason. With such heavy sponsorship and a staff of volunteers why is it still so expensive?
Fuck it, i'm not subsidising anymore freebies for people.

They had a bunch of offers released before the festival on their email list.
Two for the price of one etc.
Example -
Friday Night at the Screen

Savoy Brunch Special

Latin Weekend at the Screen

• Indulge in some of the finest Latin American Cinema withCowards(Cobardes) on the 14th Feb and Operafor the combined price of only €10

Screen Sunday Special
Spend this Sunday in The Screen and immerse yourself in a unique festival experience with three great films for only €15; The Letter Never Sent,Havarand Black Sea (Mar Nero).
There were similar offers there for French and Turkish movies.

I agree that a tenner is still a lot though.

They had a bunch of offers released AFTER I HAD ALREADY BOUGHT ADVANCE TICKETS on their email list.

What's with the audience award thing? At the first screening I was in the staff were eager to give those voting cards and there was a box outside I could vote into after the screening, haven't been given cards / seen voting boxes at later screenings.

They had a bunch of offers released AFTER I HAD ALREADY BOUGHT ADVANCE TICKETS on their email list.

This is true.
I'd already spunked up €20 for Flame & Citron and Gran Torino when the site opened.
If there's stuff you definitely want to see, you can't hang around for the deals.

What's with the audience award thing? At the first screening I was in the staff were eager to give those voting cards and there was a box outside I could vote into after the screening, haven't been given cards / seen voting boxes at later screenings.
That hasn't been my experience. There's been a box outside every screening I've been to.

I could see that Irish movie Eamon doing well in that award, it was a full house and most of them were family and neighbours etc.

Anybody at the Secret of the Kells (the feature-length Irish cartoon closing the festival) ? Expected to be unimpressed but it was brilliant. Some really class imaginative set-pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back