Dublin Film Festival (1 Viewer)

watched it a while ago. very funny, although, if you dont get Irish/Dub fookin and blindin you'd need a translater. was quite violent at times.. sweet story, well worth a look !

I can't even describe how excited I am to see this tonight. Why can't it be 8pm, RIGHT NOW?

"I don't know why I make it so complicated."
"It's what you do."
"Everyone is disappointing the more you know someone"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does anyone care for a pair of free tickets to this at 6pm?

http://jdiff.ticketsolve.com/events/events_for_show/702394

Franklyn

Film - 16 Feb 2009 - 18:00 (98 mins)
at Cineworld
Refreshingly ambitious for a debut British feature, Franklyn is an urban fairytale which successfully marries inventive storytelling with a keen visual sense. Set between contemporary London, and the futuristic religion-dominated Meanwhile City, the film traces the fates of four characters: Jonathan Preest (Ryan Phillippe), an atheist vigilante who has vowed revenge on Meanwhile City’s leader; Emilia (Eva Green), a privileged young artist whose difficult relationship with her mother fuels her cynicism and depression; Milo (Sam Riley), a sensitive young man whose heart has been recently broken; and Peter (Bernard Hill), a deeply religious man who has come to London in search of his missing son, a troubled Gulf War veteran.
Deftly moving the narrative between the worlds of the ‘real’ and the ‘imaginary’ allows writerdirector Gerald McMorrow full reign to explore the relationship between love, fantasy and faith. The latest in a long history of director-led films from notable producer Jeremy Thomas, Franklyn is also very much an urban film, making bold, original use of its metropolitan locations.
Sandra Hebron, London Film Festival Programme
Director/Screenwriter Gerald McMorrow will be in attendance at this screening.

If you say "Jameson" at the box office in Cineworld before 6, they will give you a free pair of tickets

The first hundred people to use the Codeword “Jameson” at our box offices in Filmbase or Cineworld today will get tickets to Franklyn tonight. Starting now…. The race is on so Hurry up, don’t be disappointed!

Still counting down the hours until 8pm. Anyone seen anything good so far in the festival?

Mine thus far....

Doubt: Very engaging and loved it up until the last scene where I thought it was so over the top it became absurd. Otherwise, I thought it was brilliant.

Gran Torino: Well acted (especially the young girl) surprisingly funny and not anywhere close to as bad I thought it was going to be from the trailer.

Helen: Lovely idea for a film but the long panning shots started to drive me mad. Seriously could have been 30-45 minutes shorter if they edited some of the nonsense. Drawing a scene out doesn't automatically make it more dramatic. I was ready to leave.

Dogging: A Love Story: Hilarious. Thoroughly enjoyed it despite the cousin/mate of the main character being a bit much at times. He served a role and did it well, just the type of character I would always hate. I was in a the mood for a good laugh and it didn't let me down.

The Housemaid was ridiculous. South Korean film from 1960, introduced by the festival director of Cannes, but there's no way anyone can think of that films as good in the traditional sense, more in the Ed Wood style. I'd definitely recommend seeing it, it was really funny, not meant to be obviously though.

The Letter Never Sent got cancelled so saw the first half of Karamazovs which was woeful an I left.

Dry Summer was great. A Turkish tragedy from 1964 with a great turkish/free-jazz soundtrack. Very well told story and very engaging though sometimes a bit grim in its realism.

Today I saw This Is Your life, a swedish coming of age story from 1966. I somehow hadn't registered that the film would be three hours long, I was counting on 90 minutes or so. But I didn't mind, it was amazing. Apparently Bergman's favourites and makes sense. Somewhere between Bergman and Loach, but not as dark.

i've been far FAR too lazy to go to anything. Someone choose a film for me please

I think the movie to see was last night's French movie Exterminating Angels in the Screen.
Two people have independently told me that it was more or less "an hour of 3 amazingly beautiful women masturbating directly into the camera. Followed by a half hour of a 3 girl finger bang fest"

I was at Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel and Synecdoche.
Hmmm

I think the movie to see was last night's French movie Exterminating Angels in the Screen.
Two people have independently told me that it was more or less "an hour of 3 amazingly beautiful women masturbating directly into the camera. Followed by a half hour of a 3 girl finger bang fest"

I was at Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel and Synecdoche.
Hmmm

Was worth it, imho.

My chest is still heavy. I think I actually felt my heart clench during one scene. You know when you hear an album/song or read a book exactly at the perfect time to fully appreciate them? Well, that film last night was that way for me. I'm still in a daze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back