Dublin film festival (2 Viewers)

Alas, missed most of the festival as spent the week in Czech Republic but cheers for the posts on what was 'hot' and 'not'.
The Family Friend was my pick of what I saw. Really loved it. Hope it gets a wider release anon.

well my fave was The Lives of Others; was glad to see it got an Oscar too. Thoroughly deserved. Also great of the other films I saw were:
This is England
The Good German
Colour Me Kubrick
Joe Strummer - The Future is Unwritten
Metropolis - Great soundtrack too by 3epkano

Colour Me Kubrick
Joe Strummer - The Future is Unwritten

CMK was awful, nay?
Were you the fella that felt obliged to tell the audience what a junkie wanker Joe Strummer was during the Q&A of that flick? Whats up with people being invited to ask questions but instead choosing to make statements?

CMK was awful, nay?
Were you the fella that felt obliged to tell the audience what a junkie wanker Joe Strummer was during the Q&A of that flick? Whats up with people being invited to ask questions but instead choosing to make statements?
I really enjoyed CMK!! Thought it was great fun. Did you not think Malkovich was good in it?
And NO I wasn't the guy who made that statement!! HUH! What made you think that????
It was a good Q&A though, wasn't it? Temple seems a pretty cool guy.

I really enjoyed CMK!! Thought it was great fun. Did you not think Malkovich was good in it?
And NO I wasn't the guy who made that statement!! HUH! What made you think that????
It was a good Q&A though, wasn't it? Temple seems a pretty cool guy.
Only actin' the maggot boss, didn't think it was you. Just raising the issue is all. I just couldnt understand his attitude at all of foisting his opinion on somebody he presumably never met on to a friend of strummers who went to the trouble of making a film about him. I mean, I'm no Strummer evangelist but I'm not gonna assume that my opinion of him is worthy of broadcast to an audience like that. I just cant comprehend what <i>COMPELS</> these people?
Re: CMK, this topic is not open for discussion. Malkovich was a ok but by the time Jim Davison (sp?) arrived and they had unnecessarily run through the musical cues from the most of Kubricks back catalogue I was beyond caring. The thing was just dull.

Ah yeah I know; I agree completely with you on the comments directed at Temple - just someone who wanted to be 'controversial' innit.
Ok let's agree to disagree on CMK :)
Did you see anything else that you enjoyed?

Ah yeah I know; I agree completely with you on the comments directed at Temple - just someone who wanted to be 'controversial' innit.
Ok let's agree to disagree on CMK :)
Did you see anything else that you enjoyed?

Caught Days of Glory which was pretty standrad WWII stuff but with a nice little angle. 300 was a ways better than I anticipated but I anticipated five toilets out of five. Scott Walker thing I've already been through on here.
Cant remember what else I saw but was sorry to miss the Herzog and The Fountain. The Fountain mainly because I hear its not gonna get a release and it sounds at least interesting/ambitious.

Ok let's agree to disagree on CMK

I refuse to agree to disagree. There will be no compromise.

Caught Days of Glory which was pretty standrad WWII stuff but with a nice little angle. 300 was a ways better than I anticipated but I anticipated five toilets out of five. Scott Walker thing I've already been through on here.
Cant remember what else I saw but was sorry to miss the Herzog and The Fountain. The Fountain mainly because I hear its not gonna get a release and it sounds at least interesting/ambitious.

I refuse to agree to disagree. There will be no compromise.
ha! fair enough. I was also sorry to miss the Fountain - even with all the advance hoo haa about how awful it supposedly is, I'd still like to have seen it.
I thought 300 was awful! Godawful in fact - though it looked amazing - all style, no content. One for the spotty teenage nerds methinks.

Anyone know what won the fans award? They didn't hand out any voting forms at 'the fountain' for some reason.

Outspan strikes again.

‘Once’ Scoops DIFF Audience Award
06-Mar-07

John Carney’s feature film ‘Once’ picked up the inaugural Jameson Dublin International Film Festival Audience Award, in Association With the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland.
‘Once’ starring Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova is described as a “simple, classic story of two artists falling in love.” Writer/director John Carney who accepted the award commented "I'm delighted that our film, which was shot on the streets of Dublin, and was in many ways an attempt to portray a slice of Dublin life, has been acknowledged in it's home town. I hope it goes some way to encouraging young directors to hit the streets with their cameras and shoot their own stories in their own way. There's something very satisfying about having made a small, personal story that has pleased people, and we're all thrilled with the audience award."

The film also won World Cinema Audience Award in the dramatic category at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and is released across Ireland on the 23rd of March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back