Dublin Film Festival 2011 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter IFF
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 1
The LiR film, Good Cake, Bad Cake has been cancelled.
Suckers!

good_cake_bad_cake_1.jpg

About Good Cake Bad Cake - The Story of LiR

By 1987 U2 had conquered the world with their album The Joshua Tree and Ireland became the focus of the world music industry as A&R men, in search of the next U2, flocked to Dublin. At this time, five teenagers from Donaghmede were building improvised instruments and playing gigs at their local school and shopping centre, dreaming of the big-time. They were LiR.

This film tells the story of a young Irish band tipped by every insider to become bigger than U2 and the subsequent disasters that befell these boys whose only dream was to play music. This is the story of a band, not unlike thousands of others, and the sacrifices they made to try and fulfil those dreams. It examines how this lifestyle and journey impacted on the individual members, one who became a recluse never to play music again, one who went on to make it in the big time and enjoy world-wide success with another band.

In spite of all these hardships and struggles, each member (bar one) continues to pursue a career in music; each hoping that maybe next year could be their year. Still held in great respect and affection by fans on both sides of the Atlantic, this film will attempt to share this extraordinary journey and the legacy of amazing music LiR have left behind them.

Going to a few flicks, but some of the ones I'm most interested in clash with Six Nations or matches of my own, so I can't make 'em.

I bought a ticket for Kinshasa Symphony on the afternoon of Friday 25th. Looks like I can't go now. If anyone wants it, free like, pm me

Submarine was fantastic.
I still have a lot to see (4 just today) but I have a feeling Submarie will still be high up in my list of favourites this year.
@I is John you could have written the book this movie was adapted from. I couldn't help thinking of you, in a good way like.

Submarine was fantastic.
I still have a lot to see (4 just today) but I have a feeling Submarie will still be high up in my list of favourites this year.
@I is John you could have written the book this movie was adapted from. I couldn't help thinking of you, in a good way like.

ha! i think you mean studied read rather than written.

maybe one day

ha! i think you mean studied read rather than written.

maybe one day

Nope, written. Trust me.
One scene I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.
The woman next to me looked at me as if I was the worst person in the world for thinking it was funny.
I had laugher tears well into the next scene.

Nope, written. Trust me.
One scene I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.
The woman next to me looked at me as if I was the worst person in the world for thinking it was funny.
I had laugher tears well into the next scene.

ah right. Sure that's me all over

for me, i found saturday's film Preludio to be interesting. it was filmed in a single shot and basically a conversation between 2 people who just met. good Q&A afterwards with director/writer

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back