Dubfly reviews for Things stuff (1 Viewer)

lothaar

Yo. I write for Dubfly magazine and have been keeping a close eye on the birth of this Things bidness. A VERY close eye. Yesssssss.

Anyway, if anyone would like reviews of albums/singles/gigs/etc. under the Things umbrella to be put into Dubfly, they could contact me at [email protected]. Dubfly is a small, up-til-recently dance oriented flyer-cum-magazine. I've been at the editor for a while to cover the burgeoning Dublin (ahem) "alternative" scene. She finally cracked when I filled her house with cement and demanded a whole section dedicated to Dublin Bands, etc. I reviewed the C4O 7" in the last issue, in case anyone read it.

just a note to put this back at the top of the list so people see it. Think about it, gentlemen. Think like an ox

I heard the main editor of Dubfly was some girl who worked for Compaq. Apparently she used to photocopy all the Dubfly issues (all nice and fancy and shiny) in work but somebody caught her and she was fired.

I think I remember the story being covered in some broadsheet too, anybody else remember this?

-Thayl

Yeah, its incredible the amount of rumours that surround that chapter of her life. I dunno what really happened, but I heard she was nicked using her company phone to set up the magazine and do all the administrative stuff, and she had to repay them 3 thousand squids or something.

I once asked her and she denied all knowledge of such a controversy, claiming she was wrongfully dismissed for being "too aggressive". She said she was involved with "physical conflicts" with her boss (?). She reckons that SHE sued THEM for three grand... and won.

Its difficult to tell where the truth lies amidst such conjecture. I choose to believe that a sideways igor with pantomime-horse feet gained control of her weak and feeble body and began a campaign to take over the world through the dance music media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back