DSEi (weapons fare) irish heads are heading over! (1 Viewer)

Blackenedflag

Website
Visit site
Get your black hoodies out, DSEi is taking place in London and we're heading over!!

The DSEi is a weapons fare were countries head over and stock up on the latest weaponry to attack & kill each other (and us) with. ALOT of the weapons go to Indonesia and other countries that violate human rights. Torture ect. (for more info try searchinf for amnesty international. They have a fuck load of info on it.) But countries also buy 'non-lethal' weaponary, used by the police force which are often missused and result in fatal injuries.
Word has it that garda representatives will be heading over, interested in tazers, electric batons, and new riot gear.

A small group of unaffiliated activists are heading over and are looking for more people to come along.

We're taking advantage of how close the arms fare is, (travel is cheap!!) and are trying to increase the size of our affinity group(s).

Over 20 organisations and groups will be taking part in 'dissarming' the DSEi, including the AF, AYN,
RTS, ROR and the WOMBLES.
Different areas are being given different groups, which means S(W)P heads will be off somewhere way at the back selling papers and harassing the elderly and the like, while the other good few thousand (15,000 expected) will be bring this thing to a grinding hault. !ninjaaaa
The people who are helping us out with accomodation would like to know how many are interested in going in this group from ireland asap.
At the moment, the plan is to head over on the evening of the 6th of Sept. and leave on the morning of the 13th. (Plenty of time to join in on the many workshops taking place, and help in the actual blockade itself, starting on the 9th.) Travel times can be adjusted once we know how many are going.

The price, including travel, accomodation, food ect. is looking to be around 90 yoyo. (Possibly more if you want to get your drink on). and we will probably go by air. seems to be cheepest option (Aerlingus)

This didnt get much attention last time because it happend during 9/11 attacks, but this time it's going to be HUGE! Practicly every person on the same island as the fare who are up for taking 'direct action' & 'confronting' the arms trade will be there. Including many more from abroad.
If your were slightly pissed about the WEF, this is well worth it.

If your interested, give 'Dave' a call: 0857173301

rape the drummer said:
i was talking to "blackened flag" earlier and said to him: "well i wont have the money but i'm sure people such as corm and the like will be up for it"
and sure wasn't i right?

It's easy enough to get the money if you really want to -busking, making things, doing odd jobs for people, not spending all your pocket money on No Idea releases...and sure doesn't money grow on trees for the likes of me? What does "corm and the like" mean, anyway...

Vienna's cool. Surprise surprise, salt water + cigarrette machines = free money. Swimming in the nip at this deadly lake yesterday. Made a Scio-Bong patch screenprint last night and this morning, busy on the production line bustin that shit out! Protest against the murder of an African guy by the pigs in Vienna Wednesday a week ago on tonight at 5pm. I'm tellin ya -hard goddam work. Keep it groovin.

Demonstrate against the WTO & Europe's Biggest Arms Fair
London Docklands,
London, UK.

Week of Action: 6th - 12th Sept
Big demonstrations on 9th and 10th

Accomodation provided! :)

STOP EUROPE’S BIGGEST EVER WEAPONS FAIR!

SHUT DOWN DSEi!
LONDON, UK ?6TH ?12TH SEPTEMBER 2003

One of the world’s biggest ever trade fairs for guns, bombs, military planes, small arms, mines and tanks is taking place in London from 9th ?12th September 2003.

An international protest. Thousands of protesters, from all over the world, are invited to travel to the UK to help stop this market of death, and to work towards shutting down the whole murderous industry. This is a chance to target not just the fair itself, but the businesses behind it.

What is DSEi?

Defence Systems Equipment International (DSEi 2003) is an arms fair, sponsored by the British government. It will host arms buyers from all over the world ?including countries on Amnesty International’s list of human rights abusers, and others who should be!

Also shopping at this huge arms fair will be delegates representing some of the poorest countries in Africa and Asia. Rich Western governments, including America, Britain, France and Italy, and their weapons companies, will try to get them to buy expensive weapons instead of spending money on education, development and medicine.

The last DSEi exhibition took place over 11th September 2001, the day of the attacks on New York and Washington in America. While many businesses around the world closed, the arms fair stayed open. For three more days, countries including America, Israel and 14 different Arab nations continued to shop, side-by-side, for weapons to attack each other with!
The arms trade, of which DSEi 2003 is an important part, is an international political business made up of multinational companies which make products that kill and maim for profit. These companies play a leading role in the unjust global economic system which causes poverty and abuse of human rights around the world.

Civilians made up 90 percent of all war casualties during the 1990s. Wars continue today only thanks to the arms trade. Due to globalisation, the arms companies operate above the law, outside of trade agreements, and firmly in favour only of the rich and powerful.

The arms business in the UK harms local communities. The London borough of Newham, where DSEi is taking place, is one of the poorest in the country. The people of Newham do not want this fair for weapons of death to come into their community. They want better education, housing, health, job creation and living wages as a minimal starting point.

The British government spends millions subsidising the arms trade, while people are too poor to eat healthily, their schools are bursting, their hospitals are run down.

What is being planned?

London, 6th ?12th September 2003.

Most international protest has centred around government institutions. DSEi 2003 is a chance to directly tackle companies and government ministers while they are actually trading in arms.

‘Disarm DSEi?is co-ordinating a week long festival of action, protest and resistance against the arms fair and the unjust global system which supports it. We are planning a full year ahead, to make it the biggest ever festival against the arms trade.

A number of vigils, demonstrations and actions will be arranged against the arms fair, the companies that exhibit there, the buyers and the governments that pay for the whole show. Participants are also encouraged to plan their own actions and demonstrations. Information on the arms fair, arms companies in London, and other players in the trade will be available.

The Disarm DSEi co-ordinating group is attempting to create a space where various groups can use the methods of protest and tactics of action they believe are most effective. We are working to create an event where diverse groups respect each other’s space, methods of protest and tactics of action.
We will be organising workshops, teach-ins and other gatherings, as well as (very) basic accommodation and a Convergence Centre. Please let us know you are coming. Please translate, copy and distribute this call to action. Please get involved in the organising group. Please mobilise support in your country.

Email: [email protected], Website: www.dsei.org.
Tel: (+44) (0)781 7652 029

related link: http://www.dsei.org

Meeting soon

HOHO!!
We worked out (looked at buses) a new way to get there, and it's turning out to be an awfull lot cheaper then we expected! :D A meeting will be held towards the end of next week. Even if your just interested in going, come along.
If all goes the way it's ment to, food & accomodation will be taken care of by organisers.
Tell everyone who you think would be interested to come to the meeting.
I'll put up a date/meeting point ect, on Thursday.
So far it's 4 people with another 5 'considering' going.

i might go if i am still unemployed

we should NOT NOT NOT go with Ryanair. they are non union scum.

the ferry and train would be good crack, even if it does take longer. it would also be a good way to get to know each other and to talk about tactics and training and the like.

-"Over 20 organisations and groups will be taking part in 'dissarming' the DSEi, including the AF, AYN,
RTS, ROR and the WOMBLES"

ror group?! go on the ror.

p.s. as a selfish litle cunt i'll be holding an alternative booze not bombs protest in the comfort of me home town since it me birthday then and that means you can talk about yer weapons till the cows come home that day and i'll be apathetic drunk and rowdy (and staying 21 even if me birthcert says diferent) and probly have a smile ear to ear while i pass out in the corner. you cant love the world every day, hey?
oh hypocracy, you gotta love it ;)

Blackenedflag said:
Meeting will be held on the 1st Thursday of August. (Next week)
Meet at Trinity Arch at 7pm. !ninjaaaa !ninjaaaa

BUMP.

!ninjaaaa !ninjaaaa !ninjaaaa !ninjaaaa
http://www.devo.com/sarin/shieldbook.pdf - body armour and shield technique booklet.
!ninjaaaa !ninjaaaa !ninjaaaa !ninjaaaa

Quick reminder-
People interested in going are meeting up today at 7pm at Trinity Arch.
Come along if your interested or have ideas/suggestions youd like to share.

Okie dokey.
Got some things sorted out at the last meeting.
Got a call from some guy. Another 20 people are interested!! Could be a bigger group going then expected!!
Slight mix up on dates (sorry). Dont book anything yet!

I asked about security, and apparently, no blockade of this scale has ever happend in england, so they're not sure what to expect. Also, blockading material is being made over there by their own designated group, so no need to travel heavy. !ninjaaaa !ninjaaaa !ninjaaaa

I know I said I was going to keep it off the net...but...meehh....
Meeting tomorow to make final arrangments and whatever.
7.pm at Trinity collage arch.

We go Friday 5th Sept in the morning.
Return tickets costs €55.
People are leaving London when they want after the week, so book your own date.
A few more people are interested, and others cant make it, so the numbers are roughly the same.
There WILL be accomodation, so no need for tents and the like.
However, they fucked up on the food front, so food money or skipping may be in order.
Worst case scenarios: Pigs raid the gaff, so dont bring anything with the intention of bringing back unless its on you at all times.
Get arrested. Mass arrests are pretty handy to get rid of a crowed. Realesed in a couple of hours with no charges.
Get arrested for assault or some other bad behavior. Depending on how serios, they can hold you up to 72 hours, and deport you with charges.
See you there and then. !ninjaaaa

Anyone have a loan of €55? Hey Marieanne, you're good at getting at college funds to bankroll your activist activities, how can I get the Kevin Barry Cumann or someone to pay for me for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back